Serving on the FAUW Board of Directors or one of our committees is an opportunity for you to represent your colleagues and contribute to the collegial governance of the University. It is a great way to learn about the functioning of the University, and to build your service portfolio in a way that is both relevant to your performance review and personally interesting and rewarding.
We have a growing range of opportunities to get involved with FAUW, including our:
- Board of Directors, which oversees FAUW operations and sets priorities
- Council of Representatives, which provides two-way communication between the FAUW Board and each academic unit
- Lecturers Committee, which advises the Board on issues affecting lecturers’ working conditions
- Equity Committee, which maintains a watching brief on equity issues, and makes recommendations to the Board
- Indigenization Working Group, which helps faculty members better understand and take action on Indigenization and reconciliation efforts
- Climate Justice Working Group, a new initiative that will bring faculty members together to work toward a just, climate-safe future
This year, we’re holding elections for four at-large seats and one lecturer seat—nominations close March 24—and most committees/working groups will be recruiting new members in the spring (in April/May). Board seats are often contested and most committees get more applications each year than there are spaces available. This session will give you a sense of what's involved, what we’re looking for, and how to nominate yourself.
How to attend
This event takes place in Microsoft Teams. Click the link below or call in to join.