After graduation

International student advising services are available to alumni for up to three months after degree completion.

Health insurance options after graduation

UHIP can be extended for two to four months after your last registered term. Eligible students will receive an email from Student Financial Services with instructions and the extension deadline.

If you have a valid Post-Graduation Work Permit and receive a full-time offer of employment in Ontario that is at least six months, you may be eligible for the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP).

Another option is to find a private insurance company, like the ones listed below, and research their packages to see which one would best suit you.

Please note that the International Student Experience team does not endorse any specific health insurance company and it is up to you to make an educated choice.

Finding work in Canada

Alumni Affairs, in partnership with the Centre for Career Action, provides career advising services for Waterloo alumni. Alumni career advisors are available for individual appointments in person and by telephone. Some evening appointments are available.

Working in Canada after your degree

Within 90 days of your completion of UWaterloo degree requirements to graduate, you can apply for the Post-Graduation Work Permit, if you meet the eligibility criteria. The permit will allow you to work in Canada for up to three years. 

Join our alumni community

As an alumni you can:

Learn more about Waterloo alumni services and how to stay connected.