International student advising services are available to alumni for up to six months after degree completion.
Health insurance options after graduation
UHIP can be extended for two to four months after your last registered term. Eligible students will receive an email from Student Financial Services with instructions and the extension deadline.
Another option is to find a private insurance company, like the ones listed below, and research their packages to see which one would best suit you.
- guard.me international insurance 1-877-873-8447
- Ingle International 1-866-230-2477
- Noble Wealth Financial Inc. Sue Lee at 519-885-8786
Please note that the International Student Experience team does not endorse any specific health insurance company and it is up to you to make an educated choice.
Finding work in Canada
Alumni Affairs, in partnership with the Centre for Career Action, provides career advising services for Waterloo alumni. Alumni career advisors are available for individual appointments in person and by telephone. Some evening appointments are available.
Within 90 days of your completion of UWaterloo degree requirements to graduate, you can apply for the Post-Graduation Work Permit, if you meet the eligibility criteria. The permit will allow you to work in Canada for up to three years.
Join our alumni community
As an alumni you can:
- Join the alumni e-community for special discounts, access to Alumni JobMine, a Waterloo forwarding email address and more
- Attend events where you can network, learn something new or just have a good time
- Stay up-to-date with the monthly e-newsletter and Waterloo magazine