It's time to graduate...
Congratulations! You are about to join a prestigious network of more than 6,000 Renison alumni around the world.
Receiving your degree is one of the most exciting moments in your university career. Follow the steps below for a carefree walk across the stage.
- Verify your degree requirements.
Complete your Application to Graduate.
- December 1 for spring Convocation (if degree requirements are completed during the fall term)
- March 1 for spring Convocation (if degree requirements are completed during the winter term)
- August 1 for fall Convocation (if degree requirements are completed during the spring term)
- ALL STUDENTS MUST APPLY TO GRADUATE OR THEIR DEGREE WILL NOT BE AWARDED.
- Forms can only be filled out online.
- Check your unofficial transcript on Quest to ensure you have been recommended to graduate in the “Degrees Awarded” section.
- Clear any outstanding fees on your student account, including parking and library fines by June 1st for Spring convocation and October 1st for Fall convocation. Your diploma and transcript will be withheld if you have any outstanding fees.
- Confirm your home and e-mail addresses on Quest by March 1st for Spring convocation and August 1st for Fall convocation. These should be addresses that will be valid after you convocate. This will ensure you receive your convocation invitation and information regarding tax receipts. This will also ensure that, should you miss convocation, your diploma and alumni certificate will be mailed to the correct address. Note: Alumni have access to Quest indefinitely to generate statements of account and access tax receipts.
In Quest, run an unofficial transcript to check the name that appears on your official academic record. This is the name that will be printed on your diploma. If you'd like to make changes/additions/deletions to your name (including middle names), submit a Change of Name form with the required documentation to the Registrar's Office or Graduate Studies Office before May 1 for the spring convocation and September 1 for the fall convocation.
Other information to consider:
Having your Graduation Photo taken
- Appointments are booked online at www.lifetouch.ca/waterloo. Grad photos are taken in the SLC year round. Please see Lifetouch’s website for your Renison class composite deadline. All Renison registered students (BA, BSW, MSW) can have their photo included in the Renison composite. Questions can be directed to email@example.com
Undergraduate Communication Requirement
- All University of Waterloo students must successfully complete the Undergraduate Communication Requirement prior to graduation.
- Students who began their studies Spring 2018 or earlier must complete the English Language Proficiency Requirement, either by taking one of the eligible courses or by writing the English Language Proficiency Exam (ELPE). The last ELPE session will be held April 2019.
- Students who began their studies Fall 2018 or later must complete the Arts First requirement.
- If you have received OSAP during your studies, you are responsible for beginning to repay your loan six months after you have stopped being a full-time post-secondary student. You are also responsible for contacting the National Student Loans Service Centre and/or financial institution for repayment arrangements.
- Visit the OSAP website for more information.
Your next steps:
Entering Grad School?
Looking to teach English abroad?
- Get certified with the ACE-TESL and ACE-TESOL programs from Renison's English Language Institute
Starting your career?
- Keep your contact information current to ensure you receive invitations to networking events in your area
Looking for work?
- Book a session with a UWaterloo Alumni Career Advisor
- Each grad is entitled to three free sessions either in person or over the phone. Get help with your resume, interview skills, career direction and much more.
- Note: As a student you are entitled to unlimited sessions with a career advisor. Book an appointment to take advantage of this valuable resource!
- Join UWaterloo's Alumni E-Community to access WaterlooWorks to search for work
Sign up to Renison's Alumni community
- Receive discounts on professional development courses, attractions and sporting events
- Use the Alumni Directory to find classmates and fellow alumni
- Receive the monthly e-newsletter @Waterloo
- Access WaterlooWorks
- Become an ambassador in your new city and network with fellow Renison alumni.
- Don't forget to update your new address!
Stay in touch!
- We love to hear from alumni doing exciting things and often feature stories from our grads in our alumni magazine, Renison Reports (print and e-mail), or on our website. Send your news to Brendon Bedford or send in a Grapevine update for Renison Reports.