All around our campus cafés and eateries you will see our Farm to Campus Fresh posters. On our Food Services employees new shirt and hat you will see our Farm to Campus Fresh seal. You will notice our menu boards changing, new descriptions of menu items ‘local’, ‘house made’, ‘from scratch’ being added. This is all for you, our customer – our guest!
We care about the food we create. Where does it comes from? How far has it traveled? Who are the farmers growing the produce? We care about your food choices. Do we have plant-forward options in all our units? Can you easily find Halal options?
UW Food Services has developed Farm to Campus Fresh – an easy way to learn more about where our food comes from and how it is prepared.
Farm to Campus Fresh Key Messages:
- We support as many as 75 local farmers
- We own and operate the Village Bakery, which supplies our cafés and eateries with fresh daily bagels, pastries, and treats.
- We provide plant-forward options in all our cafés and eateries including a plant-based menu at FRSH.
- Our Chef’s use fresh local ingredients to create dishes that are prepared from scratch in our kitchens.
- We support our customer’s health by promoting fresh nutritious foods to the campus community.
Look for our posters - changing every term!
Our new Farm to Campus Fresh seal - This seal represents our key messages.
We know if can be difficult to identify menu items at times - that is why we UW Food Services has created our own Dietary Icons. Look for them on our labels and menu boards all across campus.
Continue to watch for more changes as we expand our Farm to Campus Fresh intitaives!