Each term, GreenHouse hosts the Social Impact Showcase to celebrate the achievements of our students and award grants from the Social Impact Fund. Students, faculty and staff, and community members are all welcome to attend. In addition to celebrating the students at the Social Impact Showcase, community members are invited to vote for their favourite venture to receive an additional $1,000 through our People's Choice Awards.
30th Social Impact Showcase
We are excited and proud to be hosting the 30th Social Impact Showcase. Join us in celebrating youth-led social innovation, entrepreneurship and impact on Wednesday, November 22nd | 5:00pm at United College (Alumni Hall). The Showcase creates a unique and valuable opportunity for our students to connect with community members whom may support them on their journey in refining their ideas.
Here are the ventures that are competing in the Social Impact Fund:
- Braille Buddy: helping low-vision individuals learn braille independently.
- Crisis Companion: a compassionate tool guiding users through a mental health crisis.
- DDuoScore: offering more affordable and quicker loan services through cryptocurrency.
- Haraa: creating a carbon offset trading platform to incentivize corporations to reduce their carbon footprint.
- HEART: connecting artists with institutions looking to purchase art for public spaces.
- MotherEarth Tourism Specialist: supporting newly graduated tourism students to build a more sustainable and equitable tourism sector.
- Patient Companion: improving the communication between nurses and patients.
- Project PeeZee: developing a real-time test for ovarian cancer
- Q-Connect: a platform for students looking to generate more precise and meaningful insights when designing and deploying surveys.
- Real Research: providing undergraduate students with valuable research experience.
- Reaplenish: producing tailored, customized, kind-to-earth formals for women.
- Rising SheFarmers: empowering rural women in Ghana to farm mushrooms for income.
- Safi: building a pasteurization tool that ensures transparency in the milk supply chain in East Africa.
- Sustainable Small Business: a consulting firm that helps small and medium enterprises identify, manage and report on their sustainability risk.
- TAP: a platform to help members of the trans community navigate their transition while monitoring their health and well being.
- WhereCafe: a tool powered by AI that empowers solo female travellers to travel the world safely.