Visit the PsychSoc Web Site.
Who is a member of the Psychology Undergraduate Society (PsychSoc)
All psychology Majors are members of PsychSoc.
Why get involved with the PsychSoc?
- Make new friends. Hang out at the PsychSoc office. Have fun at events.
- Discuss issues that you have in common e.g.,
- course assignments and examination preparation
- what it is like to do an honours thesis (Psych 499A/B/C is optional for Honours Psychology)
- education goals
- career plans
- international exchange programs experiences
- research activities including leads on available opportunities (not all research positions are advertised)
- tips for writing the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) if applying to graduate programs
- Volunteer to organize an event(s) and/or be a member of the PsychSoc executive in order to develop marketable skills e.g.,
- problem solving
- Some of the PsychSoc events are another way for students to network with faculty members in the Psychology Department. For example, discuss your ideas for research projects and/or your goals beyond the Bachelor's degree. Also ask about research opportunities in the department (see experiences and opportunities for further details.).
Contact the PsychSoc
Office: PAS 3080 (near the third floor lounge)