Psychology (PSYCH) course overrides and waitlists
Fall 2022 waitlists are now open and will close on August 31.
PSYCH 101 does not have a waiting list, and we do not override enrollment capacity in this course. Students should watch enrollment numbers and can enroll themselves when a spot becomes available.
For Wait List/Course Override Requests, please email the relevant advisor noted below.
Subject line for email wait list request: "Wait List Request - *TERM*".
Include your full name, student identification number, and the course number for the course you are requesting to drop/add including the section number(s) for all of the course components (lecture, lab, tutorial, etc.). If a course drop is required to facilitate the course add request, include the course to be dropped with your wait list request. You can review course offerings via the Schedule of Classes.
- For: PSYCH 207, 211, 211 online, 218, 238, 253, 253 online, 256, 257, 261, 261 online, 306, 307, 308, 314, 317, 320, 335, 336, 339, 340, 342, 353, 355, 356, 361, 372, 380, 439 contact the HRM Program Coordinator and Academic Advisor about the request.
- For: PSYCH 291, 292, 363, 389, 390, 391, 420, 451, 453, 454, 455, 457, 458, 459, 461, 462, 463, 470, 492 contact the Administrative Coordinator and Advisor, Undergraduate Studies about the request.
- PSYCH 264, 464, 480-486, and 499 require application forms for enrolment.
PSYCH Courses offered by other units
Enrolment problems for Psychology courses offered by:
- St. Jerome's University e.g. some PSYCH 101 sections, 212, 218, 230, 231, 312, 315, 318.
- Renison University College e.g., PSYCH 101R, 213R, 226R, 312R, 398R, 399R, 490R.
- Renison course codes all end in "R" and say "REN" or "ONLNR" on the campus location field in the Schedule of Classes.
- The Renison waitlist is here.
- Renison does not take requests by telephone for course enrolment or for waiting list requests.
- Direct any course enrolment inquiries or override requests to the instructor.
- Philosophy Department
- PSYCH/PHIL cross listed courses are hosted by the Philosophy department. Please see the academic advisor for your relevant section.
Human Resources Management (HRM) students requesting PSYCH 238, 339 or 340
If you are officially enrolled in an HRM plan, send your HRM plan course request to Claudia Labahn. Include your name, student identification number, current year and academic plan(s). If a course drop is required to facilitate the course add request, include the course to be dropped with your wait list request.
- See Department of Psychology policies regarding access to Psychology courses.
- All requests for 'course overrides' to waive a course requisite(s), for permissible time conflicts, to exceed course limits, or to exceed reserve caps are considered waiting list requests. Please use the procedure noted above for wait list requests.
- We cannot accept enrolment requests by telephone. You must follow the waiting list instructions fully. Incomplete requests will not be processed.
- A waiting list request does not guarantee enrolment. Suggest that you enrol in a backup course.
- Waiting list requests will be prioritized at the discretion of the academic advisors in the Psychology Undergraduate Office.
- Those on waiting lists will not be informed of their position on waiting lists. Please do not contact us for updates on your wait list status. If we are able to accommodate the request, you will be enrolled in the course and sent a confirmation by email.
- It is your responsibility to inform us if you want your name removed from any waiting lists. Send an email to the relevant advisors above with the subject line "Remove from PSYCH course wait list" and provide your name, student identification number, and which course wait list you wish to be removed from.
- If the total enrolment in a course equals the enrolment limit for the course, you won't be able to self-enrol in the course because it is full. If available openings in a course are only available for a target group that you don't belong to (check the enrolments and limits on the reserve caps), you'll get a message from Quest that the course is full and your enrolment request will be unsuccessful. In either case, check Quest frequently during open enrolment for an opening because others are dropping and adding courses also. Remember to use the 'course swap' feature when doing so.
- If Quest indicates that 'dept permission is required' to enrol in a course, you can't self-enrol on Quest even if there appears to be an opening in the course because e.g.,
- current openings are being saved for those on waiting lists,
- a course application form is required prior to enrolment (e.g., PSYCH 264, 464, 480-486, 499)