Psychology (PSYCH) course enrollment and overrides
Psychology courses do not have waiting lists, and we do not override enrollment capacity in any course. Students should watch enrollment numbers and enroll themselves when a spot becomes available.
Please continue to check Quest for the most up to date information on open spots. Note, Quest is most up to date so if the course is labeled as ‘closed’ that means the class is full.
Further information about various PSYCH courses below:
PSYCH 207, 211, 238, 253, 257, 261
PSYCH 291, 292
291 – Students who have not successfully completed one of the following courses:
- Ontario 4U level Math e.g., Mathematics of Data Management,
- an Ontario Academic Credit (OAC) Mathematics course e.g., Finite Math,
- Grade 12 Math from a province other than Ontario,
- a first year university Math course e.g., MATH 103, 104, or 127,
- or an approved equivalent (e.g., if you took a college level math course or a math course outside of Canada, consult with Ceylan Enver
will be required to take MATH 103 (Introductory Algebra) concurrently with PSYCH 291 (Basic Research Methods) in the Fall term before taking PSYCH 292 (Basic Data Analysis) in the Winter term.
292 – students can only request an override during the add/drop period:
- If they are Psych Majors and have the course prerequisites, which are the Math background and have completed a PSYCH 291 antirequisite (HLTH 333, ISS/SDS 251R, KIN 232, 330, REC 270, SWREN 251R). Students who are enrolled but haven’t completed (successfully passed the course with final grade showing on QUEST) a course prerequisite can only request an override once their final grade is showing on QUEST; OR
- If they have are working towards admission into a Psych Major, have at least a 65% Psychology average and have the course prerequisites, which are the Math background and have completed a PSYCH 291 antirequisite (HLTH 333, ISS/SDS 251R, KIN 232, 330, REC 270, SWREN 251R), only after all their PSYCH grades are showing on QUEST for that given term.
If you meet one of the conditions above, please email Ceylan Enver.
PSYCH 306, 307, 308, 314, 316, 317, 320, 334, 335, 336, 339, 340, 353, 355, 356, 361, 372, 380
PSYCH 363, 389, 390, 391
390 – prerequisites are PSYCH 207, 211, 261; Level at least 3A Honours BA Psychology Research Intensive Specialization or Honours BSc Psychology or Make-Up Psychology; Must be enrolled in PSYCH 391 concurrently or have completed it in a previous term. Prerequisites are enforced.
If you meet the conditions above, please email Ceylan Enver.
PSYCH 420, 453, 457, 459, 461, 470, 492
PSYCH Courses offered by other units
- Ends with a "J" (“ONLNJ” or "STJ J"): contact the instructor directly. For PSYCH 101 online or if no instructor is listed, please email the St. Jerome's University advisor.
- Ends with a "R" (“ONLNR” or "REN R"): place your name on Renison’s online waiting list.
- Ends with a "G" (“ONLNG” or "CGC G"): contact the instructor directly.