Welcome to the Department of Psychology at the University of Waterloo!
This information is being provided to help you settle in and get connected with important services, resources and people. We want to make our department and campus start to feel like home for you.
- Log in to Quest to check your academic status. Once your offer conditions are complete, you will be activated into your program.
- Arrange your fees. Note: You must arrange your fees even if you have scholarship funding.
- View the Schedule of Classes for Graduate Students and course descriptions. Familiarize yourself with your program degree requirements. Enroll in courses.
- Set up your university e-mail account.
- View the Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs (GSPA) New students website for additional helpful information.
- Browse the Graduate Calendar.
- Confirm your teaching assistantship assignment and contact your instructor.
- Get to know the City of Waterloo, and the City of Kitchener, and explore the Waterloo Region.
- Attend new graduate student orientation days. View the Orientation Schedule.
- Get your University of Waterloo student card generally referred to as the WatCard. The WatCard is the University's comprehensive photo ID, and is needed for many of the services provided by the University.
- Get to know the library.
- Familiarize yourself with the University of Waterloo Portal to stay informed of campus services, events, and news.
- Attend the first day of classes.
- Attend the SONA researcher training session.
- Finalize your Fall course enrolment.
- Start preparing a research proposal for the current year’s scholarship applications – the first competition application is typically due in October.
- Submit an ethics application for your first research project.
- Prepare an annual progress report (PDF) – due approximately June 15.