In the just-released list of "Highly Cited Researchers" for 2018, there are 5 University of Waterloo faculty members. The list is comprised of those researchers who have published the greatest number of highly cited scientific articles in their respective fields (the number of scientific articles that are ranked in the top 1% of articles in the field). This is a well-respected and recognized list; Clarivate runs Web of Science, citation indexes, etc.
Here are the 5 University of Waterloo researchers on the 2018 list:
- Zhongwei Chen (cross-field)
- Geoffrey T. Fong (Social Sciences, General)
- David Hammond (Social Sciences, General)
- Sharon Kirkpatrick (Agricultural Sciences)
- Linda Nazar (Chemistry and Materials Science)
Impressively, Geoff’s International Tobacco Control Project has a total of 7 researchers on the list, in addition to Geoff and Dave Hammond:
- K. Michael Cummings, Medical University of South Carolina (USA)
- Ron Borland, Cancer Council Victoria (Australia)
- Ann McNeill, King's College London (UK)
- Frank Chaloupka, Univ of Illinois at Chicago (USA)
- Maciej Goniewicz, Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center (USA)
Congratulations to Geoff and the entire ITC team!