Explore program

Students participating in the Explore program can get a transfer credit of 0.5 unit to count toward their University of Waterloo degree. Students must complete the following steps in order to obtain the transfer credit. 

For information regarding the application process and upcoming deadlines, please consult the Explore program website

For current University of Waterloo students 

  • Students who are in good standing may fill out a Letter of Permission Application to obtain a transfer credit for the Explore program.
  • Please submit completed Letter of Permission Applications to the French Undergraduate Advisor for approval.
  • It is the student's responsibility to order an official transcript from the host university upon completion of the program.  The official transcript must be sent directly to the Registrar's Office: 200 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON, N2L 3G1.
  • Because of the program duration and the level of courses offered by the Explore program, the total of courses will be transferred as one course (0.5 unit) at 100 or 200 level.
  • Since students must undergo a placement test when starting the Explore program, transfer equivalence will be determined upon reception of the official transcript from the host university. Typically, transfer equivalencies are FR 1XX or FR 2XX.
  • Credit (CR) will be granted for grades of 60% (C-) or better. Courses taken through a Letter of Permission Application will appear as External Transfers on the student's grade report or official transcript and will not be included in average calculations.

For students having completed the Explore program before starting their studies at the University of Waterloo

  • Students must request an official transcript from the host university and have it sent directly to the University of Waterloo's Registrar's Office: 200 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON, N2L 3G1.