The exchange program with Paris (MICEFA) is organized by the Student Success Office. If you have any questions regarding the exchange please reach out to them. You can learn more about the process through Go Abroad. To search available programs, visit Waterloo Passport.
For inquiries about French transfer credits during your exchange, please contact the French Studies Academic Advisor.
First-round applications for summer, fall, and winter term exchanges begin October 1 - 31 each year.
Duration: One or two terms
This exchange opportunity is open to students at the undergraduate levels
- Require a B/70% average or higher and an adequate knowledge of French is recommended, though courses are offered in English as well
- Students who wish to take multiple French as a foreign language courses should exchange through MICEFA in the Fall term.
- Each MICEFA course is worth 3 MICEFA credits, which is typically equivalent to 1 regular 0.5 units Waterloo course.
- Please note there is a mandatory 3-week Intensive French Language and Culture course that all MICEFA exchange students are enrolled in. Students are charged a non-refundable fee (approx. 400 Euros) to cover the costs associated with the teaching, travel, and activities provided.
- Attend a mandatory information session which is now through LEARN
- To apply contact The Global Learning Coordinator
- First-round applications for summer, fall, and winter term exchanges begin October 1 - 31 each year.
- Tuition program fees:
- You will pay your regular tuition fees to Waterloo (2.5 credits)