PSYCH 499 Winter 2024 deadlines
PSYCH 499A Winter 2024
Students enrolled in PSYCH 499A Winter 2024 should attend the thesis orientation meeting. The time, date and location will be posted as soon as they are determined.
Report the name of your thesis supervisor to Claudia Labahn (email@example.com) by Wednesday, January 17th, 2024.
Thesis Reviewer must be submitted to Claudia Labahn (cc'ing Stephanie Denison) no later than 12:00 noon on January 27th, 2024 if you are concurrently enrolled in PSYCH 499 A/B and no later than 12:00 noon on April 8th, 2024 if you are enrolled in only PSYCH 499A (and not concurrently with PSYCH 499B). Please cc. Nick Fuller (firstname.lastname@example.org) when you send your Thesis Reviewer nominations to Stephanie Denison.
PSYCH 499A progress reports must be signed by the thesis supervisor and submitted to Stephanie Denison's email (cc'ing Nick Fuller) no later than April 8th,2024. If emailing, you can cc your supervisor on the email as confirmation instead of getting signatures.
See the Thesis Handbook for further details regarding PSYCH 499A.
PSYCH 499B Winter 2024
Students enrolled in PSYCH 499B Winter 2024, please contact Claudia Labahn (email@example.com) as soon as possible to schedule your oral presentation of the research proposal. Please let Claudia know if you would like this done virtually, or in-person and if you are open to other thesis students sitting in to watch.
Please speak with your supervisor regarding a mutually agreeable date and time. Then contact Claudia to schedule your presentation.
See the Thesis Handbook for further details regarding PSYCH 499B.
PSYCH 499C Winter 2024 (and In Progress from previous terms)
See the Thesis Handbook for further details regarding PSYCH 499C.
Deadlines and Important Dates:
- April 15th, 2024 - deadline to electronically submit the honours thesis to (only) Nick Fuller (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- NOTE: If an extension is required, discuss the proposed target date for completion with your thesis advisor and report the target date that the two of you have agreed upon to Nick Fuller (email@example.com) by March 31st. Also, pay close attention to the deadlines below.
- April 27th, 2024 - unofficial grades for Winter 2024 begin to appear on QUEST.
- TBD - deadline for instructors to submit Winter term grades. Grade revisions are possible after this date.
- TBD - cumulative averages calculated for the Winter term (note that the major average is only calculated once per term).
- tba - advisors review academic standings and requests to graduate.
- tba - honours theses submitted for marking after this date will not be considered for a 2024 thesis award.
- TBD - deadline for convocation award nominations (Honours students only): (check back closer to the time for the actual date):
Each faculty nominates a student for the Governor General Medal (university level) and the Alumni Gold Medal (faculty level). Each department in the Faculty of Arts nominates the top student from each department for the Departmental Award for Distinguished Academic Achievement.
Nominees for awards cannot have any INC (incomplete), NMR (no mark recorded) or IP (in progress) grades.
Typically, only those who have final grades for all course work (including the honours thesis) by this deadline can be considered for these awards. Students whose overall and psychology averages fall in the 88-100% range are strongly encouraged to adhere to the thesis submission deadline noted above.
- TBD - official grades and academic standings for the Winter term appear on QUEST. For those who requested official transcripts from the Registrar's Office (for applications to various future programs, for example), they will be mailed soon after this date.
- tba (Home faculty Arts or Science) - last chance to get a student's name on the convocation program, and for the degree to be printed in time for the Spring convocation ceremony. That means that the student must complete all of the degree requirements (including the PSYCH 499A/B/C grades in) a few days sooner so that the Registrar's Office has sufficient time to obtain all of the necessary signatures (e.g., academic advisors, co-op advisors, etc.) required to confirm the graduation decision and to complete the coding on the student's record by the deadline.
- TBD (Home Faculty Arts or Science) - last day to approve a student's request to graduate in the June convocation (i.e., signatures from the advisors of all of the student's academic plans). Note the deadline above regarding the convocation program and the printing of the degree.
- Convocation ceremony dates/times - go to the Convocation website for official details on the Spring (June) and Fall (October) convocations.
If you have any questions above the above information, please contact Claudia Labahn (firstname.lastname@example.org).