Students participating in the Explore program can get a transfer credit of 0.5 unit to count toward their University of Waterloo degree. Students must complete the following steps in order to obtain the transfer credit.
For information regarding the application process and upcoming deadlines, please consult the Explore program website.
For current University of Waterloo students
- Students who have completed a minimum of four University of Waterloo term courses and are in good standing may fill out a Letter of Permission Application to obtain a transfer credit for the Explore program.
- Please submit completed Letters of Permission Applications to the French Undergraduate Advisor for approval.
- There is a a processing fee, payable to The Centre.
- It is the student's responsibility to order an official transcript from the host university upon completion of the program. The official transcript must be sent directly to the Registrar's Office: 200 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON, N2L 3G1.
- Since students must undergo a placement test when starting the Explore program, transfer equivalence will be determined upon reception of the official transcript from the host university. Typically, transfer equivalencies are FR 1XX and FR 2XX.
- Credit (CR) will be granted for grades of 60% (C-) or better. Courses taken through a Letter of Permission Application will appear as External Transfers on the student's grade report or official transcript and will not be included in average calculations.
For students having completed the Explore program before starting their studies at the University of Waterloo
- Students must request an official transcript from the host university and have it sent directly to the University of Waterloo's Registrar's Office: 200 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON, N2L 3G1.