For the overall program requirements, go to Degree Requirements.
PhD students in Social must complete a total of 12 courses.
Mandatory and core courses must be taken for a numerical grade. Breadth courses may be taken for credit/no credit.
- 2 mandatory statistics courses from this list:
- PSYCH 704A Social Psychology
- PSYCH 870 Research Design & Methods
- 4 Social courses from the following list:
- Psych 743 Advanced Intergroup Relations
- Psych 744 Personality in Social Context
- Psych 745 Close Relationships
- Psych 746 Culture and the Mind
- Psych 748 Self-Regulation and Motivation
- Psych 749 Wisdom
PSYCH 690 Special Topics in Social and Personality:
- The Self
- Social Cognition
- 4 breadth courses from research areas outside of Social.
In addition, students must attend the weekly Social seminar PSYCH 714 in the Fall and Winter terms.
2 mandatory statistics courses from this list:
PSYCH 704A Social Psychology
PSYCH 870 Research Design & Methods
4 Social courses from the following list:
4 breadth courses from research areas outside of Social
|Weekly Social seminar PSYCH 714 in Fall and Winter terms|
|Academic Integrity Workshop|
|Apply to graduate in Quest|
Last updated: June 24, 2019