PSYCH 499A Fall 2023
Students enrolled in PSYCH 499A Fall 2023 should attend the thesis orientation meeting.
Report the name of your thesis supervisor to Claudia Labahn (email@example.com) by Friday, September 15th, 2023.
PSYCH 499A progress reports must be signed by the thesis supervisor and submitted to Stephanie Denison's email no later than December 12th, 2023.
See the Thesis Handbook for further details regarding PSYCH 499A.
PSYCH 499B Fall 2023
Students enrolled in PSYCH 499B Fall 2023, please contact Claudia Labahn (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible to schedule your oral presentation of the research proposal.
Please speak with your supervisor and reader regarding a mutually agreeable date and time. Then contact Claudia with the finalized date and time. Please include if you will do this presentation online or in-person Claudia can book a room.
See the Thesis Handbook for further details regarding PSYCH 499B.
PSYCH 499C Fall 2023 (and In Progress from previous terms)
See the Thesis Handbook for further details regarding PSYCH 499C.
Deadlines and Important Dates:
- December 12th, 2023 - deadline to electronically submit the honours thesis to Claudia Labahn (email@example.com).
- NOTE: If an extension is required, discuss the proposed target date for completion with your thesis advisor and report the target date that the two of you have agreed upon to Claudia Labahn (firstname.lastname@example.org)by November 30th. Also, pay close attention to the deadlines below.
- December 23rd, 2023 - unofficial grades for Fall 2022 begin to appear on QUEST.
- December 23rd, 2023 - deadline for instructors to submit Fall term grades. Grade revisions are possible after this date.
- January 19th, 2024- cumulative averages calculated for the Fall term (note that the major average is only calculated once per term).
- tba - advisors review academic standings and requests to graduate.
- tba - honours theses submitted for marking after this date will not be considered for a 2023 thesis award.
- TBD - deadline for convocation award nominations (Honours students only): (check back closer to the time for the actual date):
Each faculty nominates a student for the Governor General Medal (university level) and the Alumni Gold Medal (faculty level). Each department in the Faculty of Arts nominates the top student from each department for the Departmental Award for Distinguished Academic Achievement.
Nominees for awards cannot have any INC (incomplete), NMR (no mark recorded) or IP (in progress) grades.
Typically, only those who have final grades for all course work (including the honours thesis) by this deadline can be considered for these awards. Students whose overall and psychology averages fall in the 88-100% range are strongly encouraged to adhere to the thesis submission deadline noted above.
- January 19th, 2023 - official grades and academic standings for the Fall term appear on QUEST. For those who requested official transcripts from the Registrar's Office (for applications to various future programs, for example), they will be mailed soon after this date.
- tba (Home faculty Arts or Science) - last chance to get a student's name on the convocation program, and for the degree to be printed in time for the Fall convocation ceremony. That means that the student must complete all of the degree requirements (including the PSYCH 499A/B/C grades in) a few days sooner so that the Registrar's Office has sufficient time to obtain all of the necessary signatures (e.g., academic advisors, co-op advisors, etc.) required to confirm the graduation decision and to complete the coding on the student's record by the deadline.
- TBD (Home Faculty Arts or Science) - last day to approve a student's request to graduate in the October convocation (i.e., signatures from the advisors of all of the student's academic plans). Note the deadline above regarding the convocation program and the printing of the degree.
- Convocation ceremony dates/times - go to the Convocation website for official details on the Spring (June) and Fall (October) convocations.
If you have any questions above the above information, please contact Claudia Labahn (email@example.com).