All applications for a Psychology Major for University of Waterloo, St. Jerome's and Renison students are coordinated through the Psychology Undergraduate Office (PAS 3007). Please ensure that you review the Admission Requirements for Psychology before proceeding with the applications below.
Application processes differ depending on your faculty - Science (BSc), Arts (BA), or Other.
Faculty of Arts (BA) students
Faculty of Science (BSc) students
Complete BSc Psychology major declaration webform online.
The request for admission to a Co-op program must be included on the webform above.
Other Faculty (Not Arts or Science) *Double/Joint Majors
Upper year students (level 2B or higher - regardless of Faculty)
Admission decisions for Psychology applicants:
- You will receive an email (Official student e-mail address policy) from the Psychology Undergraduate Advisor notifying you if you were accepted into the Psychology program.
- We will continue to consider applications for the Psychology Major from current UWaterloo students until the second week of classes for any term.
- Frequently asked questions (FAQ) regarding admission decisions for Arts or Science students.
- The Department of Psychology reserves the right to remove students from a Co-op plan if, after the Fall 2A term, a student's Psych major average drops below that which is required (70% for Arts, 75% for Science), or if a student fails to meet the requirements outlined by the Department of Psychology.
- Admission to the Psychology Major is at the discretion of the Department of Psychology.