Step #1 - PSYCH Major Online Application Form
- All students must complete the PSYCH Major Online Application Form. The data collected in the form is needed for planning purposes and to create an e-mail list for applicants and future Psychology Majors.
PSYCH Major Online Application Form Link (WatIAM Login Required)
Step #2 - Faculty of Arts (BA) students
Step #2 - Faculty of Science (BSc) students
Step #2 - Other Faculty (Not Arts or Science) *Double/Joint Majors
Step #2 - Upper year students (level 2B or higher - regardless of Faculty)
Admission decisions for Psychology applicants:
- You will receive an email (Official student e-mail address policy) from the Psychology Undergraduate Advisor notifying you if you were accepted into the Psychology program.
- We will continue to consider applications for the Psychology Major from current UWaterloo students until the second week of classes for any term.
- Frequently asked questions (FAQ) regarding admission decisions for Arts or Science students.
- For students admitted to Departmental Co-op (Non-Arts & Business), the Co-op portion of their plan will not show in their program on Quest until their 2B Winter term, as this is the first term the student participates in the co-op job search process and pays the first co-op fee.
- The Department of Psychology reserves the right to remove students from a Co-op plan if, after the Fall 2A term, a student's Psych major average drops below that which is required (70% for Arts, 75% for Science), or if a student fails to meet the requirements outlined by the Department of Psychology.
- If documented extenuating circumstances (e.g., physical/mental illness, bereavement, etc.) affected your grades and you did not report this information on your PSYCH Major Online Application form, please contact the Psychology Undergraduate Advisor.
- Admission to the Psychology Major is at the discretion of the Department of Psychology.
Last updated: February 11, 2019