All applications for a Psychology Major for University of Waterloo, St. Jerome's and Renison students are coordinated through the Psychology Undergraduate Office (PAS 3007). Please ensure that you review the Admission Requirements for Psychology before proceeding with the applications below.
Application processes differ depending on your faculty - Science (BSc), Arts (BA), or Other.
Faculty of Arts (BA) students
Faculty of Science (BSc) students
Other Faculty (Not Arts or Science) *Double/Joint Majors
Upper year students (level 2B or higher - regardless of Faculty)
Admission decisions for Psychology applicants:
- You will receive an email (Official student e-mail address policy) from the Psychology Undergraduate Advisor notifying you if you were accepted into the Psychology program.
- We will continue to consider applications for the Psychology Major from current UWaterloo students until the second week of classes for any term.
- Frequently asked questions (FAQ) regarding admission decisions for Arts or Science students.
- For students admitted to Departmental Co-op (Non-Arts & Business), the Co-op portion of their plan will not show in their program on Quest until their 2B Winter term, as this is the first term the student participates in the co-op job search process and pays the first co-op fee.
- The Department of Psychology reserves the right to remove students from a Co-op plan if, after the Fall 2A term, a student's Psych major average drops below that which is required (70% for Arts, 75% for Science), or if a student fails to meet the requirements outlined by the Department of Psychology.
- If documented extenuating circumstances (e.g., physical/mental illness, bereavement, etc.) affected your grades and you did not report this information on your PSYCH Major Online Application form, please contact the Psychology Undergraduate Advisor.
- Admission to the Psychology Major is at the discretion of the Department of Psychology.