BA (UBC), PhD (University of California, Berkeley)
I am the director of the Developmental Learning Lab and co-PI for CORAL (the Child Online Research Activities Lab). My students and I study infant and early childhood cognition, mostly as it relates to how children learn and how they use multiple types of information in their inferences.
I serve on the governing board of the Cognitive Science Society.
Current topics of interest in the lab include:
- Infant probabilistic reasoning
- How children attribute preferences and desires to others
- The development of heuristics and biases
- How children use probability to infer others’ emotions
- The cues that infants use to detect agency
- Multi-modal ratio abstraction in infancy and early childhood
- How children learn in informal (i.e., museum) settings