The proportion of students with disabilities (excluding apprentices) that registered and received accommodations, service and supports from AccessAbility Services
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Full-time undergraduate and graduate students registered with AccessAbility Services and received at least one service or accommodation support in the fiscal year
Students enrolled in any of the following programs:
- English preparatory and academic upgrading programs
- Transition and bridging programs not eligible for operating grant funding
- Continuing education, contract training, and full-cost recovery programs
- The definition for this indicator was revised in 2016 to include unique students who registered and received service through AccessAbility services within the fiscal year. Figures prior to 2016 reflect those that registered for service and may include first-time or current Waterloo students diagnosed with a disability in the fiscal year.
- In 2016/17, AccessAbility Services launched a new online database. The decrease in the proportion of students between 2015/16 and 2016/17 is due to the new method of extracting data which now includes students that registered and received academic accommodations in the fiscal year.