- The University of Waterloo's street address is 200 University Ave. West, Waterloo, Ontario
- View our campus map
- View the University and Visitors Centre on Google Maps
By car – from highway 401
- Take exit 278 (from Toronto) or exit 278B (from London) to highway 8 WEST Kitchener/Waterloo
- From Niagara, follow the Queen Elizabeth Way towards Toronto to highway 403 WEST. Follow 403 WEST to highway 6 NORTH; follow 6 North to highway 401 WEST; follow 401 West to exit 278 (45 min.); proceed as below.
- Follow 8 WEST to 7 EAST (called the Conestoga Parkway). Be sure to take the exit for 7 EAST (not 7 WEST)
- Keep left; do not exit on 7 EAST (Victoria Street and Guelph). Expressway becomes 85 NORTH).
- Exit at University Avenue West (which is the second University Ave exit when coming from the 401). Drive about 3 km.
- Follow University Avenue to Seagram Drive – the main entrance to the University of Waterloo.
Travelling to the main campus by bus, train, or taxi
Greyhound Canada offers service to major cities in southern Ontario, including frequent service to Toronto.
GO Transit offers service to Waterloo’s main campus daily from Mississauga and Milton. You can make connections to the entire GO Transit bus and train system at Square One, Mississauga.
A VIA Rail train station is located at 126 Weber Street West in Kitchener, Waterloo's twin city.
Local taxis are usually waiting outside the train or bus station. If you need to call for one, we recommend the following companies:
- Waterloo Taxi – 519-886-1200
- United Taxi – 519-888-9999
- City Cabs – 519-747-7777
Travelling to Waterloo by air
The closest major airport is Pearson International Airport in Toronto, ON – approximately 100 km east of Kitchener-Waterloo.
- The easiest way to reach Waterloo's main campus or the School of Architecture from the Pearson International Airport is to hire an airporter service such as Airways Transit.
The Region of Waterloo International Aiport is 20 km (about 30 minutes by car) from Waterloo's main campus. The airport is served by WestJet (direct flights to Calgary) and American Airlines (direct flights to Chicago).
- To reach Waterloo's main campus or the School of Architecture from the Region of Waterloo Airport, you'll need to hire a taxi.
Local bus service – provided by Grand River Transit (GRT) – covers the cities of Waterloo, Kitchener, and Cambridge. Bus terminals are located at 15 Charles Street West, in Kitchener, and 35 Ainslie Street South, in Cambridge. If you are taking public transit to the campus, please bring money for bus fares or to purchase adult bus tickets.
To reach Waterloo's main campus from the Charles Street terminal, you can take any of the following routes to the University of Waterloo. You can also plan your route on the GRT website!
Waterloo's School of Architecture is located at 7 Melville Street South in Cambridge, Ontario. If you'll be taking public transit, see below for more information.
By car – from Highway 401
- Take exit 282 to Hwy 24 SOUTH / Hespeler Road. – keep right to head south on Hespeler Road
- Hespeler Road splits and becomes Water Street N. and Ainslie Street N. – keep right to continue south on Water Street N.
- Turn right onto Main Street.
- Immediately after crossing the bridge over the river, turn left onto Melville Street S.
- The School of Architecture will be on your left; parking is located at the far end of the building.
To reach the School of Architecture from the Ainslie Street terminal, simply follow these directions.
Tours of the Pharmacy building are typically held in conjunction with the Fall Open House and March Break Open House. Due to the heavy use of the building, tours cannot generally be arranged at other times.
Waterloo's School of Pharmacy is located at 10 Victoria Street South, Kitchener ON.