You are here

Apply now

Confused about which term application to use? Contact us, we're here to help!

Incoming first-years

Straight out of high school or new to post-secondary education? If you have been admitted to a first-
year program, you're considered an incoming first-year student.

Fall 2015 Residence Community Ranking Form residence application*

*We recommend using Internet Explorer when completing your ranking form. We are currently experiencing a high volume of traffic that is causing intermittent issues with the processing of payments. 

Please check your email after submitting your application to ensure the process has been fully completed.

If it is successful, you will receive a confirmation email from University of Waterloo Housing. 

If you do not receive a confirmation email, please contact usWe are ready to help you through the
deposit process and guarantee your room this fall.



Returning to residence or would like to live on campus for your next term? We offer all inclusive,
dedicated upper-year floors in residence.

Upper-year residence applications:

Single & Exchange graduates

Did you know you can stay in residence as long as you are registered full-time with the University?
We offer graduate students a one-term, renewable contract - you decide how long you'd like to
live with us!

Single & Exchange residence applications:

  • Spring 2015

  • Fall 2015 - Application opens June 8; first come, first served

Exchange undergraduates

Welcome! Please note that you must be officially accepted to UWaterloo through an affiliated
exchange program before we are able to offer you a home in Waterloo Residences.

Exchange residence applications:

Family housing

Are you a current UWaterloo student with live-in dependents (spouse/partner and/or children)? 
You are eligible to live in our family residence in Columbia Lake Village-North. 

Family residence application:


While you don't have to pay first and last months' rent, we do require a $500 (non-refundable)
deposit to reserve your room! Paid deposits are deducted from your final fees owing.

First-year process

Upper-year & Graduate process

  • A $500 deposit is paid online through your Offer of Residence (we'll send a link to your email)

Accepted forms of payment

  • INTERAC® Online

  • Certified cheque

  • Money order

  • Credit Card

  • Visa/Debit hybrid card *Please select 'credit card' when paying online

Application exceptions

Student types

  • Co-op students on a local work term - please use the upper-year application process

  • Pharmacy students - please use the upper-year application process

  • Optometry students - please use the single graduate application process

  • Transfer students (from another university or college) - please contact us for guidance

Contract conditions

  • Fall residents must sign a 2-term contract (fall/winter or fall/spring)

  • Winter or spring term residents may sign a 1-term contract

  • Spring residents get priority placement for the following winter term

Have you signed an off-campus lease?

If you have already signed a lease off-campus, you are obligated to abide to terms and conditions within the lease. It is uncommon and difficult to break a lease agreement. Once your lease expires you are always welcome to apply to live in rez!