Straight out of high school or new to post-secondary education? If you have been admitted to a first-year program, you're considered an incoming first-year student.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Returning to residence or would like to live on campus for your next term? We offer all inclusive, dedicated upper-year floors in residence. Upper-year residence applications:
Welcome! Please note that you must be officially accepted to UWaterloo through an affiliated exchange program before we are able to offer you a home in Waterloo Residences. Exchange residence applications:
Graduate students (& Exchange graduates)
Did you know you can stay in residence as long as you are registered full-time with the University? We offer graduate students a one-term, renewable contract - you decide how long you'd like to live with us! Single & Exchange residence applications:
Are you a current UWaterloo student with live-in dependents (spouse/partner and/or children)? You are eligible to live in our family residence in Columbia Lake Village-North. Family residence application:
Help & Support
Confused about which application to use? Contact us, we're here to help!
Information & Exceptions
Deposits & Payments
While you don't have to pay first and last months' rent, we do require a $500 (non-refundable) deposit to reserve your room! Paid deposits are deducted from your final fees owing.
A $500 deposit is required as part of your Residence Community Ranking Form submission.
Upper-year Graduate process:
A $500 deposit is paid online through your Offer of Residence (we'll send a link to your email).
Accepted forms of payment:
- INTERAC® Online,
- Certified cheque,
- Money order,
- Credit Card,
- or Visa/Debit hybrid card *Please select 'credit card' when paying online.
- Co-op students on a local work term - please use the upper-year application process
- Pharmacy students - please use the upper-year application process
- Optometry students - please use the single graduate application process
- Transfer students (from another university or college) - please contact us for guidance
- Fall residents must sign a 2-term contract (fall/winter or fall/spring)
- Winter or spring term residents may sign a 1-term contract
- Spring residents get priority placement for the following winter term
Have you signed an off-campus lease?
If you have already signed a lease off-campus, you are obligated to abide to terms and conditions within the lease. It is uncommon and difficult to break a lease agreement. Once your lease expires you are always welcome to apply to live in rez!