Did you recently decide to attend UWaterloo, miss the first-year application deadline, or are an upper-year student that loves the convenience of living in residence?
Fall 2015 vacancies
Spaces are still available for fall residence – there's still time! It's free to apply, no deposit required until we email you a room offer. Why wait? All fall rooms will be given on a first-come, first-served basis. Please complete your application as soon as possible:
The details –
- You might not receive an offer right away – don't worry! We are sending out offers daily until our vacancies have been filled. Room offers are sent to your @uwaterloo email account.
- You must accept your contract by the deadline date stated on your contract.
- Fall contracts are two-term (fall/winter or fall/spring).
- The type of spaces available (i.e. female, male, etc.) will affect how quickly we are able to offer you a room.
Straight out of high school or new to post-secondary education? If you have been admitted to a first-year program, you're considered an incoming first-year student. First-year application:
Returning to residence or would like to live on campus for your next term? We offer all inclusive, dedicated upper-year floors in residence. Upper-year residence applications:
Welcome! Please note that you must be officially accepted to UWaterloo through an affiliated exchange program before we are able to offer you a home in Waterloo Residences. Exchange residence applications:
Fall 2015 - Fall/winter terms
Graduate students (& exchange graduates)
Did you know you can stay in residence as long as you are registered full-time with the University? We offer graduate students a one-term, renewable contract - you decide how long you'd like to live with us! Single & Exchange residence applications:
Are you a current UWaterloo student with live-in dependents (spouse/partner and/or children)? You are eligible to live in our family residence in Columbia Lake Village-North. Family residence application:
Help & Support
Confused about which application to use? Contact us, we're here to help!
Experiencing issues submitting your application? Our HoME Twitter feed will keep you updated:
Information & Exceptions
Deposits & Payments
While you don't have to pay first and last months' rent, we do require a $500 (non-refundable) deposit to reserve your room! Paid deposits are deducted from your final fees owing.
First-year process: A $500 deposit is required as part of your Residence Community Ranking Form submission.
Upper-year & Graduate process: A $500 deposit is paid online through your Offer of Residence (we'll send a link to your email).
Accepted forms of payment:
- INTERAC® Online
- Certified cheque
- Money order
- Credit Card
- Visa/Debit hybrid card *Please select 'credit card' when paying online
- Co-op students on a local work term - please use the upper-year application process
- Pharmacy students - please use the upper-year application process
- Optometry students - please use the single graduate application process
- Transfer students (from another university or college) - please contact us for guidance
- Fall residents mus:t sign a 2-term contract (fall/winter or fall/spring)
- Winter or spring term residents may sign a 1-term contract
- Spring residents get priority placement for the following winter term
Have you signed an off-campus lease?
If you have already signed a lease off-campus, you are obligated to abide to terms and conditions within the lease. It is uncommon and difficult to break a lease agreement. Once your lease expires you are always welcome to apply to live in rez!