Village 1 (V1) was designed to offer students the ideal combination of community living and privacy.
Village 1 enables students to spend time achieving their academic and personal goals and to successfully adjust to university life. There are opportunities to spend time studying alone or in groups, and to socialize with others from your house or community.
Village 1 consists of 26 houses, separated into 4 quads. Each house has 3 or 4 floors, with 14-16 people living on each floor. Houses are co-ed, but floors and bathrooms are single-gender.
Why V1 is the right FIT
- The centrally-located Community Centre and cafeteria make up the heart of Village 1
- Your meal plan and access to the cafeteria means that you won’t have to grocery shop, cook, or do dishes
- Most room styles have corkboard walls to help you stay organized and allow you to personalize your room with posters and pictures of friends and family
- All houses have cleaning staff to keep common areas and bathrooms clean
- Every house has a Don, who is always there to support you, plan events, and enforce residence policies