- Prediplom (BA equivalent, Freiburg, Germany), MS, PhD (University of Michigan)
- Contact information
- View my profile on academia.edu, Google scholar, or ResearchGate
- Wisdom and Culture lab website
- 2017 Early Career Awardee, Ontario Ministry of Research Innovation and Science
- 2018 USERN Prize Laureate in Social sciences
- 2018 SAGE Young Scholar Award, Society for Personality and Social Psychology
Igor Grossmann is a social-cognitive scientist exploring the interplay of sociocultural factors for wise reasoning and sound judgment. His work has been published in such outlets as Proceedings of the Royal Academy: B, Perspectives on Psychological Science, Psychological Science, PNAS, Journal of Experimental Psychology, and Journal of Personality and Social Psychology. His contributions have been recognized through numerous awards. Grossmann is an Associate Editor of the journal Emotion, an incoming Associate Editor in Social Psychological and Personality Science, and co-hosts the “On Wisdom Podcast,” aiming to disseminate scientific insights from psychology, philosophy and cognitive sciences to the broad academic audience and the general public.
- Brienza, J. P., Kung, F., Santos, H. C., Bobocel, D. R, & Grossmann, I. (2017). Wisdom, bias, and balance: Toward a process-sensitive measurement of wisdom-related cognition. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology. doi: 10.1037/pspp0000171
- Grossmann, I., Dorfman, A., & Oakes, H. (2019). Wisdom is a social-ecological rather than person-centric phenomenon. Current Opinion in Psychology. doi: 10.1016/j.copsyc.2019.07.010
- Grossmann, I., Oakes, H. & Santos, H. C. (2019). Wise reasoning benefits from emodiversity, irrespective of emotional intensity. Journal of Experimental Psychology: General, 148(5), 805-823. doi: 10.1037/xge0000543
- Grossmann, I. (2017). Wisdom in context. Perspectives on Psychological Science, 12(2), 233–257.
- Santos, H. C., Varnum, M. E. W., Grossmann, I. (2017). Global increases in individualism. Psychological Science. doi: 10.1177/0956797617700622
- Varnum, M. E. W. & Grossmann, I. (2017). Cultural change: The how and the why. Perspectives on Psychological Science. doi: 10.1177/1745691617699971