B.Sc (Alberta), MA, PhD (Western Ontario)
Recipient, Ontario Premier's Research Excellence Award
Fellow, Association of Psychological Science (APS)
Fellow, Canadian Psychological Association (CPA)
My research program focuses on the study of fairness/justice in the workplace. I examine why and how perceived unfairness in the workplace affects employees and the public, including the study of both constructive and destructive coping strategies. My research also examines factors that diminish or facilitate the enactment of fairness and ethical decision making by corporate leaders and others with power.
(student co-authors, underlined)
- , , , Bobocel, D. R., & Grossman, I. (2017). Wisdom, bias, and balance: Toward a process-sensitive measurement of wisdom-related cognition. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology. Advance on-line publication: http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/pspp0000171
- , & Bobocel, D. R. (2017). Employee age-alters the effects of justice on emotional exhaustion and organizational deviance. Frontiers in Psychology, 8, Article ID 479, 1-15.
- Grossmann, I., , & Bobocel, D. R. (2017). Wise deliberation sustains cooperation. Nature Human Behaviour, 1 (#0061), 1-6. Plus Supplementary Information, 1 (#0061), 1-20.
- & Bobocel, D. R. (2016). Promoting forgiveness through psychological distance. Social Psychological and Personality Science, 7, 875-883.
- Bobocel, D. R. & (2016). Organizational justice and employee commitment: A review of contemporary research. In J. P. Meyer (Ed.), Handbook on employee commitment (pp. 346-360). Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar.
- Brockner, J., Wiesenfeld, B. M., Siegel, P. A., Bobocel, D. R., & (2015). Riding the fifth wave: Organizational justice as a dependent variable. Research in Organizational Behavior, 35, 103-121.
- , & Bobocel, D. R. (2015). The role of charismatic leadership in promoting workplace forgiveness. Leadership Quarterly, 26, 863-877.
- Bobocel, D. R. & (2015). Procedural justice: An historical review and critical analysis. In R. Cropanzano & M. Ambrose (Eds.). Oxford handbook of justice in the workplace (pp. 51-87). New York: Oxford University Press.
- , & Bobocel, D. R. (2014). Using the concept of distance to broaden the horizons of organizational justice. In S. Gilliland, D. Steiner, & D. Skarlicki (Eds.), Research in social issues in management: Social dynamics of organizational justice (Vol. 8, pp. 37-59). Charlotte, NC: Information Age.
- , & Bobocel, D. R. (2013). The weight of a guilty conscience: Subjective body weight as an embodiment of guilt. PLoS ONE 8, 1-7: e69546. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0069546.
- , & Bobocel, D. R. (2013). The automatic activation of (un)fairness behavior in organizations. Human Resource and Management Review, Human Resource and Management Review, 23, 254-265.
- Bobocel, D. R. (2013). Coping with unfair events constructively or destructively: The roles of overall justice and self-other orientation. Journal of Applied Psychology, 98, 720-731.
Bobocel, D. R., Kay, A. C., Zanna, M. P., & Olson, J. M. (Eds.) (2010). The psychology of justice and legitimacy: The Ontario symposium (Vol. 11). New York: Psychology Press.