- Individual selection from the high 80s to low 90s.
- Visit the Faculty of Engineering site to learn more about the admission averages required to have a competitive application.
- The Admission Information Form is required. An online video interview is required for Faculty of Engineering scholarships and is strongly recommended for admission.
- Advanced Functions 4U -- A minimum grade of 70 is required
- Calculus and Vectors 4U -- A minimum grade of 70 is required
- Chemistry 4U -- A minimum grade of 70 is required
- English 4U (ENG4U) -- A minimum grade of 70 is required
- Physics 4U -- A minimum grade of 70 is required
- High school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of six Grade 12 U or M courses, including all required courses.
- Grade 12 U or M courses must be completed through schools that are accredited by the Ontario Ministry of Education.
- Admission averages depend on the number of applications received and the number of spaces available. The range listed above is based on previous years.
- An Admission Information Form is required for admission to this program. We'll email you detailed instructions once we receive your application.
- If your first language is not English, you may need to meet our English language requirements.
- Required courses that are more than two or three years old may need to be updated. Email the admissions office for more information.
- Repeated courses may be taken into consideration when we review applications for admission.
- Are you an Ontario student taking IB courses? Admission to Waterloo is based on your Ontario Grade 12 U and M courses. If you're taking IB Math, your school will convert this course to MCV4U, MHF4U, and/or MDM4U. You can take any IB Math course and be eligible for admission as long as you receive Ontario credits for both MCV4U and MHF4U. Learn about possible transfer credit.
For more information
- Learn more about Computer Engineering.
- Download or request a Faculty of Engineering brochure.
- Sign up for tips and advice from current Waterloo students.