Individual selection from the low to mid-90s
- Advanced Functions 4U
- Calculus and Vectors 4U
- Any Grade 12 English 4U
- One other 4U course
- Grade 11 U Introduction to Computer Science
- High school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of six Grade 12 U or M courses, including all required courses
- Grade 12 U or M courses must be completed through a school that is inspected and approved by the Ontario Ministry of Education.
- Admission averages depend on the number of applications received and the number of spaces available. The range listed above is based on previous years.
- Repeated courses may be taken into consideration depending on the program.
- An Admission Information Form (AIF) is required for admission to this program. Instructions for the AIF will be sent once we receive your application.
- You're strongly encouraged to write the Euclid Mathematics Contest and/or the Canadian Senior Mathematics Contest. Results of the contests will be used in scholarship decisions and possibly admission decisions for programs in the Faculty of Mathematics.
- If your first language is not English, you may need to meet our English language requirements.
- If you repeat a required course or take a course outside of your regular day school, you may jeopardize your chances of being admitted to the Faculty of Mathematics. You should take all your courses in regular day school and do well in your first attempt. There will normally be no penalty if you take online courses during your regular school year along with a full course load through your high school or school board.
- Required courses that are more than three years old may need to be updated. Email the admissions office for more information.
For more information
- Visit the Computer Science web page.
- Download or request a Faculty of Mathematics brochure.
- Sign up for tips and advice from current Waterloo students.