- Individual selection from the high 80s to low 90s.
- Learn more about the admission averages required to have a competitive application.
- Admission Information Form required.
- Online video interview required for Faculty of Engineering scholarships and strongly recommended for admission.
- Advanced Functions 4U -- A minimum grade of 70 is required
- Calculus and Vectors 4U -- A minimum grade of 70 is required
- Chemistry 4U -- A minimum grade of 70 is required
- English 4U (ENG4U) -- A minimum grade of 70 is required
- Physics 4U -- A minimum grade of 70 is required
- High school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of six Grade 12 U or M courses, including all required courses.
- Grade 12 U or M courses must be completed through schools that are accredited by the Ontario Ministry of Education.
- Admission averages depend on the number of applications received and the number of spaces available. The range listed above is based on previous years.
- Repeated courses may be taken into consideration depending on the program.
- An Admission Information Form is required for admission to this program. We'll email you detailed instructions once we receive your application.
- If your first language is not English, you may need to meet our English language requirements.
- Required courses that are two to three years old may need to be updated. Email the admissions office for more information.
For more information
- Learn more about Systems Design Engineering.
- Download or request a Faculty of Engineering brochure.
- Sign up for tips and advice from current Waterloo students.