BBA/BCS double degree information
The BBA/BCS double degree program is offered jointly by the David R. Cheriton School of Computer Science at the University of Waterloo and the School of Business and Economics at Wilfrid Laurier University. Graduates of this program will meet the demand from today's information-rich society for personnel with both computer science and business management knowledge.
- Applicants apply through OUAC and can apply to either Waterloo or Laurier as their home institution.
- Academically, there is absolutely no difference between the two programs and graduates receive identical degrees.
- The home institution will determine your scholarships, residence placement and co-op opportunities.
- There are also minor differences in how fees are calculated.
- The double degree program is only offered as a co-op program.
- The program typically takes five years to complete and requires two additional school terms (10 instead of eight) and one less co-op work term (four or five instead of five or six).
- The per-term tuition is approximately equal to regular Waterloo Computer Science co-op (see Waterloo student fees (PDF)).
- Some of the courses will cover fundamental mathematics, computer programming, data structures, algorithms, computer organization, software engineering, operating systems, and social implications of computing. These are complemented by courses in finance, operations, accounting, marketing, organizational behaviour, modes of business communication, law, human resource management, and business policy.
If you have further questions, consult the FAQs for current double degree students, or feel free to contact us.