The CS Advisors offer email as well as virtual and in-person office hours. For general inquiries, please go to our FAQ or contact us at email@example.com. If you have a more complicated case that requires a conversation, then please meet with us during our office hours.
Office hours are from 2:00 PM-3:30 PM every weekday, in person and online. Additional office hours are offered from 9:30 AM-11:00 AM in the first weeks of classes only. Tickets will be given out on a first-come-first-serve basis starting at 8AM the day of.
If you aren't a UW student or you are an alumni, then please leave your email in the ticket system under "Others" so that we may contact you.
Meet with us Virtually during office hours:
- To get in line to see a CS Advisor virtually, go to our ticket system and log in to get a "ticket" for your place in line. Indicate that you would like to see an advisor virtually.
Before office hours has begun, you can log in MS Teams using a browser or by downloading the mobile or desktop app. If using a browser, you may want to use Chrome as Safari and FireFox might have audio and feature issues.
- Log into MS teams using your firstname.lastname@example.org (not your friendly address of email@example.com). After this, you should be taken to UW’s authentication site.
- Log in using your UW credential. The site will then take you to MS Teams.
- We will call you on MS Teams when it’s your turn.
*To meet with an advisor for the virtual office hours, you need access to a working webcam, microphone, a reliable internet connection, and that you are in a quiet location.
Meet with us in-person during office hours:
- To get in line to see a CS Advisor in person, go to https://oat.uwaterloo.ca/q/cs and log in to get a "ticket" for your place in line. Indicate that you would like to see an advisor in-person.
- Wait outside DC 2136 in the seating area to help us maintain student privacy before it's your turn.
- Monitor the TV at the seating area or your mobile device for your place in the line.
- Come into the office when it is your turn.
|Dec 25-29||University Closed|