Students walking between classes during the Fall

Transfer into BBA/BCS Double Degree

The BBA/BCS Double Degree program is direct-entry only. Students interested in this program must apply (or reapply if already a current UW student) as outlined in our "Future Undergraduates: Apply|Admissions" page. 

However, students already in the BBA/BMath Double Degree program can change their BMath into BCS transfering into CS. More information can be found on the transfer to CS page.

Transfer out of BBA/BCS Double Degree 

First, discuss your plan to transfer to BCS single degree with the BBA/BCS DD advisor to confirm whether this is the right decision for you. Note that returning to BBA/BCS from BCS single degree is not possible after the paperwork has been processed. Please contact us if you have any questions on the transfer process.

UW-based BBA/BCS transferring to BCS single degree co-op

  • Who: UW-based BBA/BCS students
  • How: If you would like to switch from BBA/BCS to BCS single degree, then please complete a plan modification form and send it back to the BBA/BCS DD advisors.
  • Co-op: As a UW-based student, you can keep your co-op.
  • When: The add deadline is the cutoff date for a transfer being effective during the current term. After the add deadline, the transfer can only take effect at the start of the next term. Ignore the dates otherwise noted on the plan mod form.

WLU based BBA/BCS transferring to BCS single degree regular or co-op

  • Who: WLU-based BBA/BCS students
  • How: WLU-based BBA/BCS students must have completed all requirements needed for first year before they are eligible to apply for transfer to single degree BCS at UW and complete the "Laurier double degree students interested in transferring to Waterloo" form
  • Co-op: As a WLU student, you will lose co-op by default. However, you can still apply for co-op at UW if your transfer is completed by your 1B/2A term. For more information on co-op and the application process, please go to the "transfering into co-op" page.  
  • When: Complete the above form by the first day of the month before the start of the next term. 
    • December 1 (for winter term admission)
    • April 1 (for spring term admission)
    • August 1 (for fall term admission)