A bursary is similar to a scholarship in that you're not expected to repay it, but it's awarded based primarily on financial need rather than on academic achievement.
Approximately 1,000 University of Waterloo Entrance Bursaries, valued from $500 to $4,000, are awarded each year to students with financial need who are entering their first year of post-secondary studies.
To learn if you're eligible and to apply
- Once you've applied to Waterloo, log in to Quest.
- Under Finances, click the link to the Entrance Bursary Application.
- Complete the quick eligibility check.
- Fill in all fields on the application. (You will need to have your parents' or spouse's income and tax information on hand.)
- Click Agree to submit your application.
The application deadline is April 15th. Decisions on bursaries will be made in mid-May.
Learn more about paying for your education.