Join the celebration of a decade of achievement at the Stratford School of Interaction Design and Business. Start your day with professional development sessions from Sun Life, Velocity, Google, and leaders in innovation and new business. Connect with students and see their work in the project showcase, and join us for a lunchtime celebration.
9:00 AM: Doors open, light refreshments provided
10:00 AM: Professional Development Sessions - Choose one
- Learn to Love the Problem (Velocity): Understanding the problem is one of the most important parts of creating solutions. Get an overview of problem analysis and the value of uncovering actionable insights.
- Design, Strategy, and Innovation: Drawing from their combined expertise in UX/UI Design and Business strategy, they make sense of out of complexity, assemble and accelerate high performing teams by putting customers and problems first, developing leaders, and taking a hands-on, analytical approach to produce tangible results. Presented by Danny Ho, Director, Innovation and New Business, LCBO and Victoria Vandenberg, Senior UX/UI Designer, SnapPea Design.
11:00 AM: Professional Development Sessions - Choose one
- Creating a Platform for Experience Design: Sun Life’s Global XD Principles (Sun Life): Take a deeper look at the launch of Sun Life’s first global Experience Design principles, including the process they undertook, the partnership between international teams and learnings from 10 pilots conducted across the enterprise. Learn how they communicated on a global level about the value of Experience Design and the drive to advance design maturity. Presented by Rob Williams, AVP, User-Experience Design and Deepika Malik AVP, Global Enterprise Design Coach
- Alumni Panel: What I Wish I Knew During my Undergrad: Davis Wanless, Senior Product Designer, Microsoft (BGBDA ’17); Kalil Magtoto, Content Marketing Specialist, Zuva (BGBDA ’21); Seyitan Oke, Product Designer, President’s Choice Financial (BGBDA ’17); Victoria Vandenberg, Senior UX/UI Designer, SnapPea Design (‘BGBDA ’19)
12:00 PM: Stratford School 10-Year Celebration Ceremony
12:30 PM: Student Project Showcase and Networking Lunch
2:00 PM: Professional Development/Alumni Celebration/Stratford Festival performances - Choose one
- From Learning to Doing (Google): Hear about my journey from learning design in an academic environment, to performing the role of a designer inside of an organization. Presented by: Brad Clarence, Senior Interaction Designer, Google Nest (MDEI ’14)
- Alumni Celebration at the Parlour Inn: Catch up with other alumni, and celebrate all the great things you have accomplished since graduating. Light refreshments provided.
- Stratford Festival Performances*: Chicago, Little Women (Filmed performance) or Richard III
*All attendees will receive an email with an exclusive code to get discounted tickets to any Stratford Festival performance on October 28, or October 29, 2022, including the 2 pm performance of the above mentioned shows.