Looking for an opportunity to learn, share, and grow? Have a chat with Arts students or alumni that are matched according to your interests.
Join UWaterloo Arts Café
We know networking can be uncomfortable. But it’s critical to your success. Whether it’s during your time at Waterloo or long after, networking will help you meet new people, find opportunities, and learn new skills. That’s why you should take advantage of our partnership with Ten Thousand Coffees and RBC Future Launch.
By joining UWaterloo Arts Café you will have access to hundreds of students and alumni with experiences that share similar journeys. You will also receive tips and tricks on how to nail first impressions, find opportunities, and make a lasting impact with each new meeting.
Not convinced? Here’s why you should start networking now:
- Up to 85 percent of jobs are filled through networking
- Online networking has lead to new opportunities for 35 percent of networkers
- 25 percent of people don’t network at all - give yourself a competitive edge!
The UWaterloo Arts Café on the Ten Thousand Coffees platform matches alumni with students and grads for career advice over ‘coffee’ - either online or in person on a monthly basis.
Waterloo Arts students
As a student at Waterloo, you have access to alumni and industry partners with valuable life and career advice to share.
Join this network to:
- Gain a better understanding of what careers are available with your degree
- Develop your networking and communications skills through real-world practice
- Build your network of UWaterloo alumni based on their industry and interests.
Waterloo Arts alumni
As a graduate from UWaterloo Arts, you have valuable life and career advice to share.
Join this network to:
- Help shape the careers of students and young alumni by sharing your career advice and experience
- Develop your networking and mentoring skills through real-world practice
- Build your network of other UWaterloo alumni and faculty based on your industry and interests.
- Receive a LinkedIn profile certification to add to your volunteer experience and use your University of Waterloo affiliated mentorship to add to your CV.
How does the Arts Cafe work?
- You’ll receive monthly introductions to a student or alumni based on your career interests and goals. Introductions are sent directly to your preferred inbox.
- Suggest a time to chat, in-person at a coffee shop or online from the comfort of your home, to share your advice and experience. You can schedule a time, and get an invite directly to your G-mail/Outlook.
- You can arrange to meet again with your match and/or continue to be matched with a large variety of other alumni or students on a regular basis to keep expanding your network.