Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada and foreign citizens are eligible to apply. Applicants must have fulfilled all degree requirements for a PhD within five years prior to holding the award. Applicants may currently hold tri-agency postdoctoral fellowships (which will be topped up to the Lupina salary level). Applicants must not hold a tenure-track position or be on leave from such position.
The window of eligibility can be extended by a cumulative maximum of two years if the applicant had their academic career interrupted for one or more of the following reasons:
- Parental leave
- Health-related family responsibilities
- Mandatory military service
- Disruptions due to war, civil conflicts and/or natural disasters in a country of residence
Interruptions used to extend the eligibility window for degree completion must have occurred after the “fulfilment of the degree requirements” and before the application submission deadline. “Fulfilled all requirements of the degree” refers to the date that all degree requirements were met, including thesis defense corrections and submission of thesis. It does not refer to the convocation date.
The Faculty of Arts welcomes and encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, ethnic origin, religion, age, colour, gender, sexual orientation, ability, or disability.
The program seeks to attract globally recognized, emergent scholars whose work has the potential to improve health and health outcomes of our communities at the intersection of health, society, and technology. The Faculty of Arts seeks candidates who have:
- a proven academic record,
- demonstrated excellence in research, leadership, communication/dissemination
- an explicit fit of the proposed research project with the funding mandate (i.e., social determinants of health; health and technology; interdisciplinary approaches to health)
A committee comprised of the Associate Dean-Grad, Associate Dean-Research, and two Departmental Chairs will review applications to the program. All applications will be ranked according to the strength of the candidate (according to the fellowship criteria).