For each term that you wish to take courses, you must request your courses using Quest, our online student information system.

The process will vary depending on your situation - if you are a

Changing courses

The best place to find help on making changes to your course selection is the Quest Help Desk FAQ under "My Courses and Exams."

If you want to drop your last or only class while on a co-op work term, you will need to email Quest to request a course drop. Be sure to include your name, student number, and the course code.

Courses at another university/institution

To have a Letter of Permission granted, you must have successfully completed a minimum of 2.0 units of University of Waterloo courses.

You may take a maximum total of 7.5 units for a three-year program and 10.0 units for a four-year program on a Letter of Permission basis. Note: the maximums include external and internal transfer credits, courses taken by cross-registration, or courses taken on a Letter of Permission. In addition, you must, at minimum, complete half of your academic course requirements at UWaterloo as per Residency Requirements

A Letter of Permission form must be authorized by your Arts major advisor and includes a $25.00 non-refundable processing fee.