Location: Online (MS Teams)
- summarize the differences between VR, AR, and MR
- identify types of VR (360 video, 3D, and social applications)
- describe XR examples from education and industry (use cases)
- explain why you would want to use XR technologies (affordances)
- reflect on applications of XR for teaching and learning in your classroom
- identify challenges of implementing XR technologies
Registration required (if this is your first time using GoSignMeUp, you will need to set up your account first). If you have changed roles at the University (e.g., graduate student to faculty) please update your "Participant Profile" in your GoSignMeUp account.
Many of our workshops have waiting lists, so if you've registered but can't attend, please cancel your registration well in advance through the registration system, so that someone else can fill your spot.
The University of Waterloo is committed to achieving barrier-free accessibility for persons with disabilities who are visiting, studying, or working at Waterloo. CTE’s online workshops are delivered through either WebEx, Microsoft Teams, or Bongo with the audio component available either as captioning or a transcript. CTE’s face-to-face workshops typically involve a mix of presentation and discussion-based activities, and we encourage a scent-free environment. We welcome accompanying assistants, interpreters, and note-takers. If you have questions concerning access, such as parking, building layouts, or obtaining workshop content in alternative formats, or wish to request accommodations for our programming, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that some accommodations may require time to arrange.