Every term, the Centre for Teaching Excellence (CTE) offers workshops on a variety of university teaching topics. Among those offered are lesson plans, interactive teaching methods, classroom delivery skills, assessment, and motivating students.
How it works
As part of the Fundamentals of University Teaching program, participants must attend six workshops:
- one required: Effective Lesson Plans (CTE202/CTE1202)
- five elective
On campus workshops
To view the workshop schedule for the current term, please visit our Fundamentals Events page.
- Only CTE workshops numbered CTE1xxx or CTE2xxx qualify
- Prior to January 2019, workshops numbered CTE490 or lower qualify
- Participants must arrive on time and stay for the entire workshop to obtain credit
Prior learning recognition
Should you have completed any of the following, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with an electronic copy of your degree certificate or transcript to be considered for Fundamentals credit.
- B.Ed. or TESOL
- Instructional Skills Workshops (ISW)
- Online Teaching Assistant/Preceptor (OTAP) program
University teaching certificate from a different institution