Every term, the Centre for Teaching Excellence (CTE) offers workshops on a variety of university teaching topics. Among those offered are lesson plans, interactive teaching methods, teaching online, giving and receiving feedback, and inclusive teaching.
How it works
As part of the Fundamentals of University Teaching program, participants must attend six online workshops/modules:
- one required: Effective Lesson Plans (CTE202/CTE1202)
- five elective
The Fundamentals online workshops are delivered in various modalities (live sessions, asynchronous modules, or a hybrid session)
To view the workshop/module schedule for the current term, please visit our Fundamentals Events page.
- Only CTE workshops numbered CTE1xxx or CTE2xxx qualify
- Prior to January 2019, workshops numbered CTE490 or lower qualify
- Participants must complete the full online workshop/module and deliverables by the due date to obtain credit
Prior learning recognition
Should you have completed any of the following in the past 5 years, please contact email@example.com with an electronic copy of your degree certificate or transcript to be considered for Fundamentals credit.
- Instructional Skills Workshops (ISW)
- Getting Ready to Facilitate Online Courses Certificate
University teaching certificate from a different institution