The Certificate in University Language Teaching (CULT) is specifically tailored to language instruction and open to all uWaterloo graduate students in languages. Developed by CTE and the Department of Germanic and Slavic Studies, the CULT is designed to meet the needs of graduate students who teach courses in Modern Languages and Classics. The program provides them with the necessary background knowledge in Second Language Acquisition and pedagogy, combined with a broad range of ideas for practical application in the classroom. Program participants have the opportunity to receive the training they need and to obtain a certificate documenting their expertise for prospective employers.
The program consists of:
- a series of workshops on language teaching and learning;
- practice teaching component;
- a research paper on language teaching presented at the annual Waterloo Colloquium on Language Learning and Teaching held in April;
- and a teaching portfolio
- The CULT program must be completed by end of graduate studies.
- CULT courses are included on your official transcript.