Deadlines for September 2017 admission
Your English language test scores must arrive at Waterloo by
- April 7, 2017 for most programs
- Architecture: March 1, 2017
- Accounting and Financial Management: March 1, 2017
- Engineering, Software Engineering: March 31, 2017
- Online learning and part-time studies: August 1, 2017
Deadlines for January 2017 admission
- Your English language test scores must arrive at Waterloo by December 1, 2016 (all programs)
- Complete your test at least 2 months before the deadline to ensure your scores reach us in time.
- It will take 4-6 weeks for your official test score to reach Waterloo.
- Exemptions will not be granted because test dates have become full.
- If a TOEFL test date is full, you are encouraged to register for CAEL, IELTS, or MELAB.
How to submit your test scores
We require official test scores. Test scores must be sent by the testing agency directly to Waterloo's Office of the Registrar.
Faxes and student copies of test scores are NOT accepted for admission to Waterloo.
- Request that the test centre forward your test scores directly to the University of Waterloo.
- For TOEFL:
- Waterloo's institution code is 0996
- Waterloo's department code is 00
- For IELTS, we now accept the electronic Test Report Form (TRF)
- Waterloo's e-Transfer Institution is University of Waterloo – Admissions
Waterloo's mailing address
Office of the Registrar
University of Waterloo
200 University Ave W
Waterloo ON N2L 3G1 CANADA
Email inquiries may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are your English language test scores below our requirements?
You may still qualify for conditional admission to Waterloo.
- If you are academically qualified for the program you’ve applied to, you can be considered for a conditional offer of admission to Waterloo through the Bridge to Academic Success in English program (or English Language for Academic Studies if you're applying to the Faculty of Mathematics).