1 - Create your user ID and password
Before you can log in to Quest, you need to create your user ID and password by activating your account on WatIAM. You only need to do this once. To activate your account, you’ll need:
- Your last name/family name
- Your date of birth
- Your Waterloo ID number, which was included in the email that we sent after receiving your application.
2 - Log in to Quest
Once you’ve activated your user ID and password, you’ll be able to log in to Quest and complete your Admission Information Form or check your application status.
- Your Quest user ID is not your Waterloo ID number. Your user ID will be up to 8 characters and will be a combination of your first and last name.
- Your Waterloo ID number is an 8-digit number that starts with a 2 and that was sent to you in the email we sent after receiving your application to Waterloo.
3 - View your student center
Once you've logged into Quest, you can view the status of your application.
- Click on Student Center and then Admissions.
- For each Waterloo program you've applied to, click the program name to see your application status. View step-by-step screen shot instructions.
If you need to send us documents such as transcripts or English language scores, you can use Quest to see whether we have received those documents.
- To see if we have received an English language test score, log on to your Quest account, click on Admissions, and look under the “Test Summary” section.
- When your official English Language Test Score has been received from the testing centre, you will see this entered here.
- To see if we have received your transcripts, log on to your Quest account. The programs you have applied to will be listed. Click on “Documents” and you will see the schools you have listed as your previous institutions.
- If you see the ‘upload’ button beside the school name, this means that we have not received any documents.
- If you or your school sent a transcript by mail, fax, or email, the date we received it will appear beside the school and the ‘upload’ link will not appear.
- You can only use the upload feature once. Subsequent transcripts must be sent via email or mailed.
- Each time a transcript is added to your application file, the date received will be updated.
- If you have a pdf copy of your transcript, you can upload it. Watch our video about how to upload documents.
- If you or your school has sent a document by mail, fax, or email, the date we received it will appear beside the school and the ‘upload’ link will not appear.
5 - Check your AIF and admissions status
- As long as the AIF deadline for submission has not passed, you can edit and save your information as many times as you like. The committee will not see your AIF until you click submit.
- You can also see your admissions status.
Instructions for using Quest
- You’ll find instructions for using Quest on the How do I…? Instructions for using Quest page.
- If you're using a computer in a language other than English, you can select the English Quest login, which automatically changes your settings to read English.
- Questions? Contact the Quest help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-888-4567, ex. 36644