- Communications and new media: news, entertainment, social media, internet providers, and more.
- Education: universities, colleges, schools, corporate training, and more.
- Finance and insurance: banking, stock market, insurance, and more.
- Government/public administration: politics, public service, emergency services, and more.
- Health care and social services: hospitals, clinics, counselling, NGOs, and more.
- Hospitality and leisure: tourism, recreation, sports, and more.
- Professional services: consulting, law, planning, accounting, and more.
- Technology: start-up companies, software development, apps, online retailers, and more.
- Utilities and transportation: transit, aviation, oil and gas, green energy, and more.
- Wholesale, retail, and manufacturing: pharmaceuticals, product design, product distribution, and more.
Med school? MBA? A specialized master's program?
With a Waterloo degree, you'll be ready to apply to a graduate or professional degree at top universities across Canada and internationally.
Apply to one of our 190 master's and doctoral programs right here at Waterloo or continue your education in areas such as
- business: MBA, Master of Business, Entrepreneurship and Technology, and more
- health: medicine, nursing, pharmacy, optometry, physiotherapy, and more
- specialized programs within your area of interest
#1 in the world for partnerships with employers2017 QS Graduate Employability Rankings
Earning your degree is just a start
We can help to launch your career and to move up once you're established. As a Waterloo graduate, you'll have lifelong access to
- career advice and job postings through our Centre for Career Action
- networking events where you can tap into the hidden job market
- professional development courses to enhance your skills
- services from Waterloo's Alumni Relations office to help you succeed
- the on-campus Accelerator Centre or Velocity entrepreneurship programs to help launch your business idea
You can also make career contacts at Canada's largest career fair for university and college students, co-hosted by the University of Waterloo.