Our faculty is a small community. Once you’re here, you’re part of our family. The people you’ll meet and learn with will likely become some of your best friends. Our staff and professors care about you and want you to be successful and happy. And we all want you to have fun while you’re here!
Hear from Faculty of Health students
Esther always knew she wanted to help people. In high school, she envisioned studying nursing. Then a co-op class at a therapy centre for kids with autism changed everything.
Learning circles, workshops, and Indigeneity within courses help students and professors address our knowledge of Indigenous Peoples.
“I don’t think it would’ve sunk in as well if I was told how to tape an ankle as opposed to being shown it and then actually getting a chance to try it on someone else.”
A day in the life of a Health student
Get the scoop from Emily, a Kinesiology student, residence life don, and trainer for the women’s varsity volleyball team whose competing demands are no match for a well-written to-do list.
Discover what first year is like in Health
What advice would you give to your first-year self? Waterloo Public Health student, Manal, reflects on making friends, putting mental health first, using support services on campus, and touring the campus to know Waterloo was right for her.
Contact a current student
How do you go beyond brochures and websites to learn about university? Simple. Ask the people living the experience: current students!
Clubs and activities in the Faculty of Health
Join a student club! Some of our Health students are involved with
- UWaterloo Pre-Med Club
- UWaterloo Pre-Rehabilitation Science Club
- Canadian Coalition for Global Health Research (UW CCGHR)
- Campus Response Team
- UW Geriatric Interest Group
- Get involved in the Association of Health Students (AHSUM), our faculty student society
- Stay fit through campus sports and recreation, with two athletic centres and approximately 250 recreation programs
- Take part in an international exchange
- Connect with upper-year students through the weCONNECTu mentorship program
- Connect with friends and professors by living in a Living Learning Community
Learn more about the Faculty of Health
Explore our programs, learn more about co-op, and get answers to frequently asked Faculty of Health questions.
Follow us on Instagram!
Follow @UWaterlooHealth to see what we're up to! Learn about upcoming events and fun stuff happening in our faculty.