A message from Kenton Needham, Executive Director, Human Resources
The Human Resources Satisfaction Survey results are now available. Every member of the HR leadership team read what you had to say and has been giving it careful consideration. You told us what we’re doing well and gave us some things to work on. Our goal is to improve our services and we have been developing initiatives that will address your key concerns.
Overall you thought HR help and services were accessible and you understood what services were available to you. You enjoyed our on-boarding processes; liked the benefits package and our pension lunch and learn and you were impressed with the look and feel of our new office.
You would like it to be clear who to contact for specific information and for our website and processes to be easier to navigate. You don’t always think of us first when you need advice. You would like to see more consistency in our services and responses and for us to be more visible on campus.
Here are some key initiatives we’re working on to improve HR service and communication:
- Reorganized the department to align services to the needs of campus and ensure service focus
- Expanded HR partner model and job evaluation team
- Began service standards project, which will ensure HR service is professional and consistent across the department
- Began HR communication strategy to improve external communications
- Developing website refresh to provide a more user-friendly experience and make HR information easier to find
Thank you to all those who participated and provided feedback. We know we have work to do, but we want you to know that we’ve taken your feedback seriously and we’re working hard to improve service.
View the HR Satisfaction Survey results (pptx).