Payroll: Information for Employees

Pay dates

Bi-weekly pay dates apply to casual employees as defined in policy 54, and those employees who are covered by the Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE) collective agreement (Food Services and Plant Operations).

Monthly pay dates apply to faculty, staff, graduate students, and those employees hired on a Temporary Employment Authorization form (contract lasting three months or longer, including co-op students).

Bi-weekly and monthly pay dates

Payroll self-service

View the Payroll self-service page for information on viewing/printing your current and historical pay statements, T4/T4A slips, and Faculty/Staff Association fees on Workday. Visit the Understanding your payslip page for assistance on understanding your statement.

For more information on updating your personal information, direct deposit information, and viewing and submitting tax elections (TD1/TD1ON), visit the payment and tax section of the Workday User Guides.

Casual employees 

For those employees working on an hourly basis, please remember to submit your hours to your manager or enter into Workday (depending on the process for your area). 

Delays in payment will occur if the time entry for payroll processing is not up-to-date and complete. 

Hours should be submitted after completion of the work has occurred.

Records of Employment (ROE)

A Record of Employment provides information on employment history and is used by Service Canada to determine whether a person is eligible to receive employment insurance (EI) benefits, what the benefit amount will be, and for how long the benefit will be paid. Visit the Requesting a Record of Employment page for more information.

Net pay / benefits cost estimator

The Net Pay/Benefit Cost Estimator (.xlsx) ​​​​is a tool that employees, who are considering a change to their working hours, gross salary, or benefit coverage, can use to estimate what their benefit costs and net pay will be.


Taxes are deducted from your earnings according to Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) legislation. Employment income is subject to mandatory tax deductions for income tax, Canada Pension Plan (CPP) contributions and Employment Insurance (EI) premiums, regardless of the citizenship of the employee.

Additional information

Contact us: