Here are some "fast facts" about CTE's activities and programming in the 2020-2021 fiscal year, organized according to our core activities.
Core Activity 1: Provide cross-disciplinary, institution-wide events and programs.
- 170 cross-disciplinary, institution-wide events attended by 1,165 unique individuals (2814 participants in total)
- 84 faculty-oriented workshops attended by 769 unique instructors (1424 participants in total)
- 86 graduate student workshops attended by 482 unique students (1390 participants total)
Core Activity 2: Support instructional and curriculum development for individuals, departments, academic support units, and faculties.
- 4841 consultations with 1313 instructors
- 59 custom sessions attended by 1093 participants
- 109 curriculum events and consultations in 38 departments
Core Activity 3: Foster leadership in teaching development across the institution
- 13 instructors completed the Online Instructional Skills Workshop
- 9 Teaching Assistant Workshop Facilitators facilitated introductory graduate workshops on university teaching
- 7 Graduate Educational Developers facilitated advanced graduate workshops on university teaching, conducted teaching observations, and organized microteaching sessions.
Core Activity 4: Promote and conduct research on teaching, learning, and educational development.
- 30 instructors and staff members received 12 Learning Innovation and Teaching Enhancement (LITE) grants
- 10 conference sessions and posters presented by CTE staff members
- 5 peer-reviewed publications by CTE staff members
Core Activity 5: Communicate best practices and promote the importance of teaching and learning at Waterloo
- 1,222,190 unique visitors to CTE's resource-rich website (2.06 million pageviews)
- 15 new Teaching Tip Sheets
- 892 Twitter followers and 946 Facebook followers
Core Activity 6: Connect with and contribute expertise to colleagues on and off campus
- 26 internal committees
- 13 external committees
- 10 staff members contributed to 33 unique committees (20 at Waterloo, 13 external)
- 3 invited presentations and workshops given by CTE staff members at other institutions
- 4 CTE staff members served in leadership roles for provincial, national, and international professional associations
Core Activity 7: Engage in individual and centre-wide professional development and operational activities
- 13 staff members reviewed journal articles and conference proposals
Some recent feedback on our work: