Here are some "fast facts" about CTE's activities and programming in the 2019-2020 fiscal year, organized according to our core activities.
Core Activity 1: Provide cross-disciplinary, institution-wide events and programs.
- 222 cross-disciplinary, institution-wide events attended by 1,065 unique individuals (2978 participants in total)
- 120 faculty-oriented workshops attended by 628 unique instructors (1451 participants in total)
- 98 graduate student workshops attended by 489 unique students (1500 participants total)
Core Activity 2: Support instructional and curriculum development for individuals, departments, academic support units, and faculties.
- 3804 requested events and consultations
- 3,669 consultations with 1,203 instructors
- 23 department-requested workshops attended by 487 instructors
- 112 curriculum events and consultations in 35 departments
Core Activity 3: Foster leadership in teaching development across the institution
- 25 instructors completed the Facilitator Development Workshop, certifying them to facilitate the Instructional Skills Workshop
- 12 Teaching Assistant Workshop Facilitators facilitated introductory graduate workshops on university teaching
- 8 Graduate Educational Developers facilitated advanced graduate workshops on university teaching, conducted teaching observations, and organized microteaching sessions.
Core Activity 4: Promote and conduct research on teaching, learning, and educational development.
- 41 instructors and staff members received 12 Learning Innovation and Teaching Enhancement (LITE) grants
- 13 conference sessions and posters presented by CTE staff members
Core Activity 5: Communicate best practices and promote the importance of teaching and learning at Waterloo
- 1,222,190 unique visitors to CTE's resource-rich website (1,746,343 pageviews)
- 15 new Teaching Tip Sheets
- 805 Twitter followers and 946 Facebook followers
Core Activity 6: Connect with and contribute expertise to colleagues on and off campus
- 24 internal committees
- 17 external committees
- 8 staff members contributed to 41 committees (25 at Waterloo, 16 external)
- 10 invited presentations and workshops given by CTE staff members at other institutions
- 3 CTE staff members served in leadership roles for provincial, national, and international professional associations
Core Activity 7: Engage in individual and centre-wide professional development and operational activities
- 10 staff members reviewed journal articles and conference proposals
- 3 professional development days geared towards team-building and quality improvement
Some recent feedback on our work: