Phone: 519-888-4567 ext. 31096
Office: EV1 327
As Senior Instructional Developer, Curriculum & Quality Enhancement, Veronica Brown provides oversight and facilitative support for departmental and Faculty-wide curriculum planning initiatives. She also leads the development and implementation of the Centre’s assessment plan for understanding the impact and quality of our work. Veronica works closely with colleagues across campus who support program development and review, including members of the Office of the Associate Vice-President, Academic, the Quality Assurance Office, and the Graduate Studies Office.
Prior to joining CTE, Veronica worked as an instructional support coordinator where she managed instructional teams and taught introductory computer science courses. Veronica holds a Master of Distance Education degree from Athabasca University, with the thesis, “Experience with support services of graduate students with disabilities studying at a distance: A Case study”. She is a graduate of Waterloo’s Independent Studies program where she investigated the impact of worker-management relations on joint health and safety committees.
Recent invited and peer-reviewed presentations
Brown, V.M., Kolomitro, K., Mueller, R., Tse, C., Ives, C., Braun, D., & Hoessler, C. (2017, February). Educational development evaluation: How do we use assessment evidence to inform our practice? Presented at the annual Educational Developers Caucus Conference, Guelph, ON.
Ellis, D.E., Brown, V.M., & Power, M. (2017, February). Uncovering reputation: Gathering feedback from our external stakeholders. Presented at the annual Educational Developers Caucus Conference, Guelph, ON
Brown, V., Ellis, D.E., & Power, M. (2016, November). So what do they really think? Uncovering our Centre’s reputation. Presented at the annual Professional and Organizational Development Network Conference, Louisville, KY.
- Brown, V., Brua, C., Godert, A., Hood, L., & Pappas, R. (2015, November). New transitions, planning your path as a faculty developer. Presented at the annual POD Network conference, San Francisco, CA.
- Ellis, D. E., & Brown, V., (2015, November). Looking back to move forward: Collaborative strategies for center assessment. Presented at the annual POD Network conference, San Francisco, CA.
- Maki, P., Atkinson, J., Brown, V. & MacFarlane, A. (2015, September 24). Making the culture shift: Faculty engagement in learning outcomes assessment [webinar]. Higher Education Quality Council of Ontario (HEQCO) Webinar Series. https://youtu.be/G4GDldlfw18.
- Barnett, J., Robson, J., Anderson, S., & Brown, V. (2015, June). Learning outcomes workshop. Workshop for tax educators facilitated at the Waterloo Centre for Taxation in a Global Economy Tax Educator Conference. Toronto, ON.
- Brown, V. (2015, April). Active learning in large classes: Behind the scenes. Workshop facilitated at the Opportunities and New Directions conference, Waterloo, ON.