Phone: 519-888-4567 ext. 41096
Office: EC3 2023B
As Senior Educational Developer, Curriculum & Quality Enhancement, Veronica Brown provides oversight and facilitative support for departmental and Faculty-wide curriculum planning initiatives. She also leads the development and implementation of the Centre’s assessment plan for understanding the impact and quality of our work. Veronica works closely with colleagues across campus who support program development and review, including members of the Office of the Associate Vice-President, Academic, the Quality Assurance Office, and the Graduate Studies Office.
Prior to joining CTE, Veronica worked as an instructional support coordinator where she managed instructional teams and taught introductory computer science courses. Veronica holds a Master of Distance Education degree from Athabasca University, with the thesis, “Experience with support services of graduate students with disabilities studying at a distance: A Case study”. She is a graduate of Waterloo’s Independent Studies program where she investigated the impact of worker-management relations on joint health and safety committees.
- Ellis, D.E., Brown, V.M., Tse, C.T. (2020). Comprehensive assessment for teaching and learning centres: A field-tested planning model. International Journal for Academic Development. DOI 10.1080/1360144X.2020.1786694.
- Brown, E.C., Brown, V.M., Chace, A., Flaming, A.L.B., Frederick, J., Hatcher, M., Herckis, L., Hoessler, C., Kustra, E., Lohe, D.R., Mansbach, J., McGowan, S., Troncoso, A.M., Watson, F.F., & Wright, M.C. (collaborative authorship, 2018). Defining what matters: Guidelines for comprehensive center for teaching and learning evaluation.
- West, K., Hoessler, C., Bennetch, R., Ewert-Bauer, T., Wilson, M., Beaudoin, J.-P., Ellis, D. E., Brown, V. M., Timmermans, J. A., Verwoord, R., & Kenny, N. A. (2017). Educational Development Guide Series: No. 2. Rapport-Building for Educational Developers. Ottawa, ON: Educational Developers Caucus.
Recent invited and peer-reviewed presentations
- Ellis, D. E. & Brown, V. M. (2020, November). Exploring our organizational identity by articulating our values. Presented at the annual Professional and Organizational Development Network in Higher Education conference. (Virtual conference)
- Ellis, D. E., & Brown, V. M. (2020, February). Navigating Relationships with Groups: Understanding Rapport. Presented at the annual Educational Developers Caucus conference, Halifax, NS.
- Brown, V. M. & Ellis, D. E. (2019, November). Enhancing our relationships: building and maintaining rapport with groups. Presented at the annual Professional and Organizational Development Network in Higher Education conference, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Brown, V., Hoessler, C. & Richards, J. (2019, February). ED and Faculty Resilience on the Long Winding Road of Curriculum Projects. Presented at the annual Educational Developers Caucus conference, online.
- Case, L., Steffler, J. & Brown, V. (2018, October). Setting the Foundation: Developing Co-operative Education Outcomes for Undergraduate Mathematics’ Programs. Presented at the Educating for the Future: Learning Outcomes and Experiential Learning Symposium, Toronto, ON.
- Brown, V. M., Kolomitro, K., Mueller, R., Tse, C., Ives, C., Braun, D., Hoessler, C. (2017, February). Educational development evaluation: How do we use assessment evidence to inform our practice? Presented at the annual Educational Developers Caucus conference, Guelph, ON.
- Ellis, D.E., Brown, V.M., & Power, M. (2017, February). Uncovering reputation: Gathering feedback from our external stakeholders. Presented at the annual Educational Developers Caucus conference, Guelph, ON.
- West, K., Hoessler, C., Ellis, D.E., Beaudoin, JP, Wilson, M., Kenny., N., Brown., V.M. (2017, February). Reflecting on & rethinking our approach to rapport building in educational development. Presented at the annual Educational Developers Caucus conference, Guelph, ON.