Welcome Waterloo co-op students!
Explore careers, gain experience and earn money through North America's largest co-op program.
Our students are some of the best and brightest, and our employers know it! One thing is for sure: co-op at Waterloo exists because of YOU and your talent.
Now that you're here, we're committed to helping you have the most positive co-op experience possible. Visit the sections below to help you on your way.
- Mar. 1, 2023Celebrating outstanding co-op students during work-integrated learning month
By: Namish Modi (he/him) and Asia Dale (she/her)
- Jan. 18, 2023Peer support model makes a monumental impact
By: Matthew King (he/him)
WE Accelerate team leads deliver value for first work-term students
- Dec. 22, 2022Warning about job scam targeting international students
- Individuals, likely using false identification, are reportedly reaching out (via email and phone) to international students.
- These scammers are promising to provide students with work-related credentials and pay stubs to meet program requirements for a fee ranging between $1,500 to $2,000.
- Please protect yourself from scams.
- Mar. 9, 2023“It’s hard to be stressed in Switzerland”
Andrew Ding (he/him) is a fourth-year Geomatics student in the Faculty of Environment. He is the recipient of the 65th anniversary award for International Excellence. This award marks the 65th anniversary of Co-operative Education at the University of Waterloo. Andrew takes us back to his co-op term in Switzerland and shares how he is shaping a sustainable future for himself and the world, one co-op at a time.
- Mar. 9, 2023Working on the future of space technology
As a child, Isaac found his passion for astronomy by looking at the brightest stars in the night sky. Today, Isaac is a recipient of the Co-op Student of the Year Award for his work at the Herzberg Astronomy and Astrophysics Research Centre (HAA) in the National Research Council Canada (NRC).
- Mar. 9, 2023Growing a passion for public service through co-op
Jeremy Ernest (he/him) is in his second year of the Master of Public Service program. CEE is recognizing him for his achievements during his co-op term at the Treasury Board Secretariat (Ontario) with the Co-op Student of the Year Award for the Faculty of Arts. Jeremy shares the story behind his success and explains his motivation towards consistent and impactful work.