You’ll find out the results of your interviews through our Rank/Match process. In this process, both employers and students will rank each other from 1-10, and the lowest sum will result in a job match for every open job. Learn more about our rank/match process here.
To view and submit your rankings:
- From your dashboard, click the “Rankings” tab
- If you were ranked by any employers, you’ll see your rankings displayed
- Rank each position you were ranked for by selecting a number from the corresponding drop-down menu under “My rankings”
- For advice on how to prioritize your rankings, visit our rank/match page
- Click “Save Rankings” once you’re finished to submit your responses.
- If you do not submit your rankings by the deadline, the system will automatically rank your job a “10” which could still result in a match.
- You can now submit up to three “Not Interested” rankings per term to guarantee that you will not be matched with a job. You must select “Not Interested” on the ranking form and provide a reason. Be sure to use these carefully to ensure that you still find employment for your work term!
- Specific student rankings aren't shared with employers, but aggregated feedback may be provided by our staff as a coaching tactic to help improve their recruitment strategy.
Match results will be published on the dates specified on our Important Dates calendar. If you’ve been matched with a job, we’ll send you a message through WaterlooWorks – so keep an eye on your inbox.
To view the details of your match and upcoming work term:
- From your dashboard, click “View Work Term Record”
- Read through the “Employment Details” tab for information about your job and employer
- Contact your employer within one week of your match using the information on the “Employment Details” or “Work term details” sections