For more details, visit sending your documents.
A transcript is considered official only if it is received by the University of Waterloo in a sealed envelope from the issuing institution or external examinations agency.
All transcript information is confidential, and envelopes must not be opened by the applicant. Photocopied, scanned, and faxed transcripts will not be accepted for admission consideration.
Transcripts must show
- All courses
- All grades
- The awarding of diplomas or degrees, if applicable.
If the transcript/degree certificate is not in English, a certified English translation (signed and stamped/sealed) must be included with the original language documents.
Transcripts issued by institutions within Canada do not require a translation.
- The following English language test scores are considered official only if they are received by the University in a sealed envelope from the issuing testing agency:
- TOEFL (Test Of English as a Foreign Language)
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- CAEL (Canadian Academic English Language Assessment)
- MELAB (Michigan English Language Assessment Battery)
- PTE (Pearson Test of English)
- Photocopied, scanned, or faxed score reports will not be accepted for admission consideration.
For more details, visit the English language requirements section of this website.
- All documents and transcripts submitted to Waterloo become the property of the University and will not be returned.
- All transcripts will be verified for authenticity.
- If evidence of misrepresentation or fraudulent or falsified documentation is found, the penalty is severe. The University of Waterloo reserves the right to revoke any Offer of Admission and/or financial support.
- We may disclose evidence of any misrepresentation or fraudulent or falsified documentation to all Canadian universities, to Citizenship and Immigration Canada, and to law-enforcement personnel when appropriate.
Sending documents (for non-Ontario students)
Office of the Registrar
University of Waterloo
200 University Ave W
Waterloo ON N2L 3G1