You and your family are invited to attend this open house for students who have received an offer of admission to Waterloo.
May 26, 2018
10 am to 2 pm – Drop in or stay the whole time!
Speak to professors, staff, and students about your program, take a campus tour, learn about residence, and discover many of the student services at Waterloo.
When you arrive on campus, come to Federation Hall (FED) or look for student volunteers to show you the way.
If you've been admitted to Architecture, you should head to the School of Architecture in Cambridge for sessions specific to the program.
Are you in Grade 11 or younger? We recommend that you attend Fall Open House which is designed for students who have not yet applied to Waterloo.
- Campus tours - Take a 45-minute tour with a current Waterloo student. Get the inside scoop on life at Waterloo. Tours leave from Federation Hall. The last tour will leave at 1:15 pm.
- Faculty tours - Take a student-led tour of the faculty which will be your home base. See classrooms, labs, and other student facilities. Tours leave from the white tours tent outside Federation Hall. (Rain plan: Tours will leave from the AHS building).
- Residence tours & information - Go directly to any of Waterloo's 9 on-campus residences for information and tours or drop by the Housing Guarantee booth in Federation Hall to learn more about the residence that interests you. For directions and tour details, visit the black tent on Ring Road.
- Athletics - Take a tour of our athletic facilities: Physical Activities Complex (PAC) and Columbia Icefield (CIF). Tours leave from the Athletics booth in Federation Hall.
- University College tours - Go directly to Conrad Grebel, Renison, St. Jerome's, or St. Paul's for a tour. For directions to any of the University Colleges, stop by the booths in Federation Hall or visit the yellow tents on Ring Road.
- Stratford Campus tours - Students admitted to Global Business and Digital Arts can visit the Stratford Campus to tour classrooms, view editing suites, and play in the Engage Lab, a digital media sandbox for exploring user experience and gamification. Tours of the campus start every 15 minutes.
Information about programs, admissions, and financial aid
Learn about your program and co-op by chatting with professors and current students. Architecture activities take place at the School of Architecture in Cambridge.
Between 10 am and 2 pm, you can also learn about the many services Waterloo provides to help you be successful.
- AccessAbility Services
- Athletics and Recreational Services
- Co-operative Education & Career Action
- Federation of Students
- Food Services
- Go Abroad (international exchanges)
- Renison University College
- Retail Services and WatCard
- St. Jerome's University
- St. Paul's University College
- Student Success Office - including resources for parents
- Velocity - services for student entrepreneurs
- Waterloo Residences & Off-Campus Housing
Residence & Off-Campus Housing
Discover why living on-campus is the right FIT for you! Stop by the Waterloo Residences booth at Federation Hall (Rain plan - Village 1 Great Hall) to have your questions answered or go directly to one of our 5 residence buildings for a tour.
You can also live at one of Waterloo's University Colleges which are located right on campus.
*Tip: Check out your residence options before you arrive and choose which residences you'd like to visit during the day. A Residence shuttle is running from Village 1 (V1) every 15 minutes from 10 a.m to 2:30 p.m (final pick up at 3 p.m). See our campus map for residence locations.
Learn about the June 1st deadline for reserving your place in residence.
Places to eat
- Tim Hortons - Student Life Centre (SLC), South Campus Hall (SCH)
- Mudie’s, Village 1 (V1), cash only
- Conrad Grebel University College (CGR) cafeteria
- Watson's Mug, St. Paul's University College (STP), cash only
- Renison University College (REN) cafeteria
- St. Jerome's University (STJ)
- Starbucks - AHS Expansion Building (AHS)
- The Market - University of Waterloo Place (UWP)
ATMs are available in the Student Life Centre (SLC), Davis Centre (DC), South Campus Hall (SCH), and at St. Paul's University College (STP).
Directions, parking, and mobility assistance
Watch for signs directing you to free parking.
Campus map, directions & parking
Note: Most places on Waterloo's main campus are only a 5- to 15-minute walk apart. Here are some specific examples to help plan your day:
- Walk from Federation Hall (FED) to Village 1 (V1) - 4 minutes
- Walk from Parking Lot X to Federation Hall (FED) - 7 minutes
- Walk from Federation Hall (FED) to St. Jerome's University (STJ) - 8 minutes
If you require assistance with mobility while visiting campus, please email email@example.com to make arrangements.
Get 15% more souvenirs at the Waterloo Store
Drop by the Waterloo Store in South Campus Hall (SCH) for some Waterloo gear. 15% off regular priced merchandise for all visitors and future Waterloo students during You @ Waterloo Day! Open 11 am to 4 pm.
Tips for your visit
Have you been admitted to the Faculty of Environment?
You and two guests are invited to the Dean of Environment's Reception for Admitted Students. Meet our dean, enjoy refreshments, and mingle with fellow admitted students, current students, professors, and staff. 1 – 2:30 p.m. in the Environment 3 Minto Atrium
Have you been admitted to Recreation and Leisure Studies?
If you’ve been admitted to Recreation and Leisure Studies, Recreation and Sport Business, Therapeutic Recreation, or Tourism Development, you and your guests are invited to a special reception. Join us from 1 to 2 p.m. inside the Department of Recreation and Leisure Studies, second floor of B.C. Matthews Hall.