Co-op and regular available
Over 80% of the world’s information has a location component to it. Geomatics combines computer science with geographic and environmental data analysis. You’ll learn to use tools, such as remote sensing, computer mapping, geographic information systems (GIS), and global positioning systems (GPS) to analyze a wide variety of information and make meaningful decisions. Geomatics is a rapidly growing industry, with high job placement rates.
Course topics include:
- spatial analysis
- computer programming
- Internet mapping
- remote sensing
- database development
- unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) use
- enterprise information technology
What sets us apart:
- Geography at Waterloo is ranked in the top 50 in the world, and top 4 in Canada (QS World University Rankings).
- Includes 4 computer science courses offered from Waterloo’s world-class David R. Cheriton School of Computer Science. Take additional courses to earn a Computer Technology option.
- Access to high tech labs and comprehensive training in tools and techniques lets you use what industry uses, making a seamless transition to the workplace.